Subliminal Talk
Master Your Instrument For Speed - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Welcome)
+--- Forum: Subliminal Testimonials (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Subliminal-Testimonials)
+--- Thread: Master Your Instrument For Speed (/Thread-Master-Your-Instrument-For-Speed)

Master Your Instrument For Speed - Andrew - 06-19-2012

So I don't usually talk much about which products I use-being Shannon's business partner and all. But recently I decided to give "Master Your Instrument for Speed" a shot. I'm a Violin player of 16 years and currently working on improving my rendition of Bach's "Chaconne".

Over the last month I noticed things were a little different. At first there were little things I noticed- a finger here or there moving faster- melodies becoming more seamless- and being able to memorize passages quicker. So I said okay- it could always just be practice. Now at the end of the first month it was like a flood. I haven't been practicing much this month because I'm letting my index finger heal, doing some rehab exercises with it (not sure what it is but it's either trigger finger, carpal tunnel, or a cyst). So at the end of the month (last couple days) when I could read music faster, memorize music faster, and just plain play faster I was blown away.

The best part about this title has not been that I can play faster than I ever have (which is nice...but in the grand scheme of violin playing fast isn't the end-all). The best part about this is because I am so quick now-and my brain and fingers can handle complex passages so much better than before-it has opened me up so I can put more expression into those complex or fast passages! Before I was just focusing on getting all the correct notes, bowing techs, or intonation just right but now all those things flow like butter and I can forget about them and just focus on 90% expression. I feel like I went from 50/50 (50 expression, 50 concentration on playing the right stuff) to 90/10. It's been such a dramatic difference that I just had to tell you guys about it. Soon as I get some videos of my playing I'll put them up so ya'll can see.

RE: Master Your Instrument For Speed - Spiral - 06-19-2012

Yes! In time I will use this to improve on my drumming.

RE: Master Your Instrument For Speed - massagemaggie - 06-19-2012

very cool. I will certainly use this for my bagpiping.

RE: Master Your Instrument For Speed - Andrew - 08-20-2012

I am planning to add a video testimonial via playing violin tomorrow if all works out. The difference is night and day, hopefully I still have an old recording of before I started the subliminal.

RE: Master Your Instrument For Speed - Shannon - 08-20-2012

That would be sweet. Smile

RE: Master Your Instrument For Speed - Andrew - 08-22-2012

I've been dealing with a sawing noise in my violin, it's been popping up now and then, but makes it difficult to record. Spent most of the day trying to isolate the issue, hopefully tomorrow will go as planned.

RE: Master Your Instrument For Speed - Andrew - 08-22-2012

Well, I'd feel bad going back on my promise,

So until I get my violin fixed...I'll at least give you this snippet. There's some bad stuff going on with the instrument and I had a couple slip-ups as I don't normally play this piece. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Will be posting a new video soon