Subliminal Talk
Shannon's Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Shannon's Journal (/Thread-Shannon-s-Journal)

RE: Shannon's Journal - Shannon - 02-02-2011

(02-02-2011, 02:38 PM)subtest Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 01:25 PM)Shannon Wrote: That is a $120 GC for our friend SubTest. Thank you for your service, sir. Now to go about fixing these...

Thank you Shannon for sticking to your words!
Have you sent me an email for this time? I didn't receive anything apparently.
Could you let me know if there's a deadline for using these GC please?

I also sent a PM to Jackie for the 4G upgrades.

Concerning the Arabic script I found this typo:

I now release, "let go, of," disconnect from and reject any and all reasons, emotional responses, attitudes and beliefs that would cause me to resist learning to read, write, speak or understand the Arabic language quickly, easily and enthusiastically.

This doesn't look like an error but I also noticed that in some sentences of the script you changed the order of the prevalent "read, speak, write" to "read, write, speak".

I am a man of honor. If I say I will do it, I will do it.

I had to attend my grandfather shortly after writing that post, however, and so have not had a chance to send you the GC yet. I will do that shortly.

As for the comma out of place, and changing order of words, you are getting a little bit far on now. lol A comma won't change the meaning of the statement to the subconscious mind, nor will the particular order of a series of words that are repeated.

I find myself exhausted, so I will get the GC to you, and be on to bed.

EDIT: It appears that I cannot log into the back end of the store at the moment, because I need to fix my computer. I am not sure how much time that will take, so I'll get started, and if I don't fall asleep before I finish, I'll get back to issuing the GC when I am finished.

(02-02-2011, 01:29 PM)Elusive Wrote: An idea just struck me.
Would it not be good to create opportunities to use the chosen language? Like seeking out people who speaks the language. So there is someone to talk to. "Learn by using"-ish

Good idea. And how would you go about doing that?

I just sent you the GC, subtest. You should have it in your e-mail.

RE: Shannon's Journal - Shannon - 02-03-2011

After discussing the idea with Andrew, we have concluded that we are going to do the following.

Each time I have a script that I am planning to build, either he or I will post it in the new section. It will remain there for 12 to 24 hours, and you can look it over and point our errors or make suggestions for improving it.

Errors that matter are those that would affect it's function. Other errors will not be rewarded.

For each error or suggestion that makes it into the final program, we will give to the first person to point out or suggest the error or idea a $5 GC.

RE: Shannon's Journal - subtest - 02-03-2011

(02-02-2011, 08:50 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 02:38 PM)subtest Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 01:25 PM)Shannon Wrote: That is a $120 GC for our friend SubTest. Thank you for your service, sir. Now to go about fixing these...

Thank you Shannon for sticking to your words!
Have you sent me an email for this time? I didn't receive anything apparently.
Could you let me know if there's a deadline for using these GC please?

I also sent a PM to Jackie for the 4G upgrades.

Concerning the Arabic script I found this typo:

I now release, "let go, of," disconnect from and reject any and all reasons, emotional responses, attitudes and beliefs that would cause me to resist learning to read, write, speak or understand the Arabic language quickly, easily and enthusiastically.

This doesn't look like an error but I also noticed that in some sentences of the script you changed the order of the prevalent "read, speak, write" to "read, write, speak".

I am a man of honor. If I say I will do it, I will do it.

I had to attend my grandfather shortly after writing that post, however, and so have not had a chance to send you the GC yet. I will do that shortly.

As for the comma out of place, and changing order of words, you are getting a little bit far on now. lol A comma won't change the meaning of the statement to the subconscious mind, nor will the particular order of a series of words that are repeated.

I find myself exhausted, so I will get the GC to you, and be on to bed.

EDIT: It appears that I cannot log into the back end of the store at the moment, because I need to fix my computer. I am not sure how much time that will take, so I'll get started, and if I don't fall asleep before I finish, I'll get back to issuing the GC when I am finished.

GC well received and thank you.

While I get the humor in this and having some humble knowledge in audio editing, I understand your explanation, but my intent for selecting these errors was based from a customer's view visiting the website. If your texts are neat, well edited and without typing mistakes or anything that would elevate doubts in the customer's head your sales are likely to improve. Your entire website's presentation is your identity and sales are potentially starting right from the first web pages your visitors check. (I guess you may already know)
That's why I recommend you to change all script's font to the same one. Attract positive energy for exemple is different from the other ones. Some scripts have some unexpected wide spaces between sentences.
Pictures matching in width would be better and look more pro. Develop a More Masculine Voice for exemple isn't matching the witdh standard.
Overcome Erectile Dysfunction is a low resolution picture. Blurring and pixelization are visible. You certainly know much more than me in photography so I'm sure you understand already. Finally, I thought the search box had been removed and I've just noticed it's on the bottom page now. It's a slight detail (and I personally prefer its current location) but putting it back to where it was in the first place would be more obvious for the first visiting customer's eyes probably. I'm certain all these details have potential to increase your sales.

Is there a time limit for using your GCs by the way?
(02-02-2011, 10:38 PM)Shannon Wrote:
Would it not be good to create opportunities to use the chosen language? Like seeking out people who speaks the language. So there is someone to talk to. "Learn by using"-ish

I'm not telling it's a bad idea but I do not desire this kind of statement in the titles I bought. I like the Arabic script the way it is right now, it's perfect for me and I suppose it will be the same script for the titles I'm awaiting with the difference of another language name, say "Spanish" instead of "Arabic".
Shannon, if you decide to follow with Elusive's idea, in the building process before any modification/addition in the script for the 2 language learning programs I bought, can you make two 4G for me with the current 4G script, just as you initially intended to do?
If you're okay I will let you know privately which titles I bought.

In my opinion, making such a change in the script might not be necessary since there's already "I do what it takes to learn..." and similar action oriented messages in the script. So, Elusive, if seeking out people to talk to is your innermost desire you will naturally be prompted to act on this thanks to the already pretty much complete learning language script.

RE: Shannon's Journal - Elusive - 02-03-2011

(02-02-2011, 10:38 PM)Shannon Wrote:

"I now actively, seek out people, who speaks "insert language" and engage in conversation with them."

"I now enjoy to seek out people, who speaks "insert language" and engage in conversation with them."

"When speaking with other people, I will on instinct, use all my knowledge and experience to speak the language as natively as possible."

Something like that I believe. If there is room in the scripts.

RE: Shannon's Journal - Spiral - 02-03-2011

Hey Shannon! I pmed Andrew on this subject but he suggested mentioning this in your journal.

What kind of people was your Healthy Knees program made for? Was it specifically for people with arthritis or people recovering from knee surgeries or keeping healthy knees years after knee surgery? I was wondering because maybe you could make a similar program for the elbows. I mentioned something to you about this a while back and it turns out I have degenerative arthritis in my left elbow. There is realistically nothing the doctors can do. Andrew suggested a new supplement I can take so I'll look into that. And he also mentioned some workouts I can do that don't stress the joints. I believe some sort of Healthy Elbow program would help speed up this process and I'm pretty confident I can regain healthy joints in that elbow.

RE: Shannon's Journal - Elusive - 02-03-2011

Shannon, can your subs help with frostburns or incorrect healed "Sport Injuries"(Muscle Strains)?
You should start a "Health Aid Thread" whare people can post healthy stuffs.

What can be minded, can be mended, so to speak.

(02-03-2011, 06:26 AM)Elusive Wrote: Shannon, can your subs help with frostburns or incorrect healed "Sport Injuries"(Muscle Strains)?
You should start a "Health Aid Thread" whare people can post healthy stuffs.

What can be minded, can be mended, so to speak.

I have one to heal faster. I believe it includes in the script that you heal perfectly... which would push your body to heal correctly. But a health aid thread might not be such a good idea, if what people post isn't accurate, and physical health isn't my area of expertise.

I am trying to find a happy medium here between making the build process so much a community effort that I never get it done (or double/triple my work load) and maximizing the potential benefit for everyone involved.

I can't go building one version for person A and one version for person B and another for person C, when I already have an estimated 6 month backlog. So... I'm going to do it this way. Script gets posted. Errors pointed out, suggestions made. Then I choose what goes in and what does not, and one version is built. Time to find errors and make suggestions is going to be between 6 and 24 hours, depending on circumstances.

This is going to slow down my build process, and force me to catch up by posting and building in batches at a time. I'll evaluate the efficiency of this method over time, and if it works better, I'll keep using it. If it results in infighting, arguments, upset people, frustration, loss of efficiency, etc. I'll find a way to work that corrects the deficiencies found.

Today I am going to build Learn Arabic faster and more easily. But since that script is a template, all I have to do to build the rest is do a find/replace operation on the language name for each variant, and then save the new script as the proper name. This is easy to do without error because I simply have the text editor count the number of times the language name appears, and then report to me how many instances of it have been replaced each time. As long as those two numbers match, I know I have a clean change.

Since that is the case, I can build all the language learning scripts in one batch. Then I'll get to the programs SubTest pointed out.

Suggestions for this title are closed. Thank you to everyone who contributed. Smile

RE: Shannon's Journal - Spiral - 02-03-2011

Shannon, when you are done taking care of what's all on your plate I'd like to talk to you about a healthy elbow program. I know what I would have to target for myself specifically so I can help you out on the whole medical portion of the program. This may have to be considered custom depending on how complex it becomes.

RE: Shannon's Journal - subtest - 02-04-2011

(02-03-2011, 01:56 PM)Shannon Wrote: I am trying to find a happy medium here between making the build process so much a community effort that I never get it done (or double/triple my work load) and maximizing the potential benefit for everyone involved.

I can't go building one version for person A and one version for person B and another for person C, when I already have an estimated 6 month backlog. So... I'm going to do it this way. Script gets posted. Errors pointed out, suggestions made. Then I choose what goes in and what does not, and one version is built. Time to find errors and make suggestions is going to be between 6 and 24 hours, depending on circumstances.

This is going to slow down my build process, and force me to catch up by posting and building in batches at a time. I'll evaluate the efficiency of this method over time, and if it works better, I'll keep using it. If it results in infighting, arguments, upset people, frustration, loss of efficiency, etc. I'll find a way to work that corrects the deficiencies found.

Today I am going to build Learn Arabic faster and more easily. But since that script is a template, all I have to do to build the rest is do a find/replace operation on the language name for each variant, and then save the new script as the proper name. This is easy to do without error because I simply have the text editor count the number of times the language name appears, and then report to me how many instances of it have been replaced each time. As long as those two numbers match, I know I have a clean change.

Since that is the case, I can build all the language learning scripts in one batch. Then I'll get to the programs SubTest pointed out.

Suggestions for this title are closed. Thank you to everyone who contributed. Smile

Shannon, can you enlighten me on this question: How many time do I have left to use your GCs? is there a time limit? Smile
By the way, I asked several people (this made u some publicity) if the "and reject OF frustration" in the sentence "I now completely disconnect from, let go, release and reject of frustration, and I remain completely calm, tranquil and peaceful instead. " was correct.
I got an equal number of YES and NO.
What do you think? Error or not?

RE: Shannon's Journal - RainbowAbyss - 02-04-2011

Shannon, can I mix carpe diem with
seek the challenge+
and Alpha 011
I know its supposed to be only 2 at a time with 4g but
carpe diems script is so short so I thought it might be the exception
and Id only do 2-4 hours combined
Carpe and seek

RE: Shannon's Journal - Clamshell - 02-04-2011

I noticed the word "flawlessly" in the Learn to Speak Arabic script. I know a lot of people use affirmations with words like that in their affirmations. But I am aware that a lot of people in the affirmation usage world suggest to stay away from words made up from otherwise negative words: flaw+less.

Btw, I'm looking forward to the Learn French one. Maybe a suggestion is that you don't seek out people who speak the language, but attract such people and situations to you. After all, if you want to seek out people who know the language, try Live Mocha through a Skype connection. It's free.