Subliminal Talk
Another OFv3 Semi-Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Another OFv3 Semi-Journal (/Thread-Another-OFv3-Semi-Journal)

Another OFv3 Semi-Journal - JamesM - 10-10-2021

I say semi-journal because I don't think I'm going to be consistently posting. I've been running OFv3 since July 23.

The effects of this one manage to be both wider in scope and more shallow than the old 4G OF1.1. Now THAT was an amazing program that in hindsight I wish I ran far longer than the recommended 3 months.

With v3 the feeling that I "can't" do some specific task, or just about anything in general, is slowly dissolving. It's subtle and slow enough that it would be easy to miss if I didn't actually think about it. 

An example - I've had an interest in computer programming in general and game development in particular for a little over 20 years, but previous attempts to learn these skills have not gone well. C++ classes in high school and college went very badly (the syntax and my brain just didn't get along, at all). I messed around with different versions of RPG Maker but the scope of everything I needed to learn and do just to create a POS asset flip eventually overwhelmed me and never created a full game with it. It wasn't that I couldn't do it as much as I didn't believe the sales would end up being worth the amount of time I would have to put into it. There's nothing quite like working on a game for 3 years to end up making about $1/hour after all is said and done (as many indie devs can attest).

About 3 years ago I picked up a book on C at the recommendation of a friend and I saw that I was able to get a grasp on it, but didn't devote enough free time to it to learn enough to become employable. HOWEVER (finally getting to the point where OFv3 comes in) I would credit the subliminal with getting me to think about that again, directing me to think in the direction of being able to learn those skills. I went back to some Zenva courses I never got around to doing which led to a trip to the library to get some books to fill in gaps they left (with my transmission dead I had to call my mom for a ride which is something I really didn't want to do on a personal level and would credit the sub for having me focus on the upside rather than her constantly asking about it, like I'm going to be a master programmer a week after getting a stack of books from the library) and eventually buying the gamedev.tv training series. I dropped the $350 on the lifetime membership, significant because I don't have any money coming in at present but was thinking only of the value the skills could represent rather than depleting x% of my savings.

All of that said, v3 makes me miss OF1.1 even more and does not come close to delivering the biggest benefits of that sub. v3 "only" tries to get rid of fear. 1.1 went beyond removing fear and actively added bravery to give you the ability to maximize the benefits of your new fearlessness. When running 1.1 I developed a knowingness that I am capable of being, doing and having anything with nothing being able to stop me (that was much stronger when I ran it at the time and might have been permanent had I known running it longer would have greater benefit). That overwhelming feeling of empowerment does not exist in v3 at all. If it sounds like that above, it is quite different. The steps I'm taking from v3 are both timid and based in hope in comparison. If feels like it'll probably work out, maybe, or at least not be a complete waste of money and time. The level of belief in what I do is not raised with v3 the way it was with 1.1. The confident belief in my actions that 1.1 generated is not here at all.

RE: Another OFv3 Semi-Journal - ncbeareatingman - 10-10-2021

Not there YET! I would day please keep going and find out whats on the other side of all of this during your run with OFv3.

BTW what's the volume setting for you,sub format(s) Loops per day and all things related????

RE: Another OFv3 Semi-Journal - JamesM - 10-10-2021

Based on previous AutoConfig from E4 I run hybrid FLAC as often as my subconscious tells me, which is most of the time I'm at home. Days off were eliminated because it really doesn't work for me (see my E4 journal if you're interested). My subconscious has said to keep going with that so I am. Any urging to the contrary will be promptly ignored. Volume also goes on feel. My audio setup is a Gustard A22 running at 32bit/192Hz -> Akitika PR-102 preamp -> Akitika GT-102 power amp -> Interaudio 4000 speakers. Even on the lowest settings I'm exposed to far larger and intense sound waves than just about anyone else here based on frequently reading people use their phones and similar low quality options.

Once in a while I'll get a message from my subconscious to stop for a couple hours or adjust the volume up/down. Despite Shannon getting fancy with the ASRBs the answer for me has always been that more is more.

I got messages from my subconscious today that running MLS would probably help in learning how to code faster when going through some of the gamedev.tv stuff. Assuming MLS works that appears to be a statement of the obvious. The idea won't be seriously entertained until I'm done with OF.

I'm starting to feel my subconscious getting sick of these foundational programs. Between OF1.1, E2, E4, OFv3 and some other things I tried it's been at least 4.5 years since I ran a program for the purpose of gaining something positive rather than subtracting something negative. It's been so long that I can't even remember when it was and have to logically work backward to figure out that when I finished AM for the last time. Even if it would be more logical to go to E5 after this that would may be a tough sell to my subconscious based on how things are today. Oh well, I've always wanted a 10" cock anyway.

I guess I abandoned the E4 journal come to think of it. E4 got a lot of things, but I eventually got to a point where it wasn't making more progress. My subconscious was telling me that it could not let [personal problems redacted] go because it was afraid that without that pain to remind me of certain things I would open myself up to those people or others I haven't met yet hurting me even worse in the future. I started OF once that was firmly established and I was not getting anywhere by running more E4.

RE: Another OFv3 Semi-Journal - Shannon - 10-11-2021

So let me get this straight.  You want me to believe that a 4G version of Overcoming Fear works better than a 5.75.7G version, and you don't see everyone else disagreeing, and you never asked for help with that, and you're using settings you determined from E4 on other titles, and you don't take days off.

Wow.  

Okay, so let me point a few things out here.  

First of all, if that's not self sabotage, I don't know what is.

Secondly, 4G is from ~2008.  You really think that a 4G is going to work better than a 5.75.7G sub from 2021 and that means the 5.75.7G isn't working?  You're crazy.  The only way that is going to happen is if you're using the wrong usage patterns for the OF v3 and or you're self sabotaging.  In this case I would bet good money it's both.

Thirdly, each program advances the tech, and E4 is not the same tech level as E5 or OFv3.  For that reason, AutoConfig is designed to only give you config for the program it's in.  E4 will not tell you how to use any other program.  The fact that you thought it does is absolutely self sabotage.  Only OFv3 can tell you how to configure OFv3, and the fact that it's not is absolutely self sabotage.  

Next, never taking a day off is overload, and that will seriously degrade your results, and that is...  you guessed it! self sabotage.

Finally, you never asked for help when a 5.75.7G program was underperforming compared to a 4G?  It is absolutely preposterous that a 5.75.7G would underperform compared to a 4G program.  It is never going to happen without some severe misuse of the more advanced program, which you are clearly and plainly doing.  And the fact that this never crossed your mind as odd, or worth asking for help concerning also strikes me as... self sabotage!

So what I see here looks like you are displaying several different forms of resistance from the list. 

The first step to getting back to execution with OFv3 is to realize this, and stop accepting the lies your subconscious has fooled you into believing to defeat your success. 

#1: ONLY the program you are using can execute AutoConfig for the program you are using.  It does not apply to any other generation of tech or any other title, even later versions of the same title. 

#2: You are not a special snowflake, you are human, and 1+ days off per ASRB2 cycle are still necessary for you.  The ONLY thing that will happen if you do not take 1+ days off per ASRB2 cycle is that the input queue will become overloaded and so will the rest of your mind, which results in shutdown and stonewalling.  You need time to rest, process, assimilate and execute only.  Since this would not be happening if you were actually executing AutoConfig, we can see this is a self sabotage tactic.

Go back and start using the usage patterns specified on the product description page for OFv3 and stay with them for a month and see what happens.