Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Balancing Act As If & Working Your Plan To Get What You Want
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am doing affirmations to change my mindset and it is changing. Now I am supposed to act as if it is already true. But say I wanted to become the best in my company and I am now believing that I am the best. Now what do I do ? Do I take action until I achieve my goals ? Do I work my plan until I become the best ?

But wouldn't that mean that I am not the best but I am becoming it ? How do I work my plan while maintaining that I am what I want to be ?
I think it means: if you were the best in your company, what would you be doing? How would you behave?

Would you be a slacker or a go-getter? Would you be respectful or disrespectful to other workers?

Would you hog the limelight or would you give credit where credit is due?

Etc.
I think you've framed your affirmation wrongly if you are saying "I'm the best in my company".

I would rather say make an affirmation something like this

"I am constantly making changes and taking action daily, to become a better employee and colleague" (In the length this is not limiting you to becoming the best at X company, but in becoming a better worker. You're not limiting yourself)
Then you would visualize yourself doing these changes where you get the wanted results (being the best), and you start doing these things.
(08-13-2017, 01:37 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]I think it means: if you were the best in your company, what would you be doing? How would you behave?

Would you be a slacker or a go-getter? Would you be respectful or disrespectful to other workers?

Would you hog the limelight or would you give credit where credit is due?

Etc.

I like your advice and those are good questions. I have to act as if it's already true, how a man who is the best would act.
Sounds like a plan Ray.

I think if you read some of Grant Cardone's stuff you'd get a lot of good answers to your questions.

In his book "If You're Not First, You're Last" he mentions how the only way to ensure you keep your job is to make your company a profit.

It's absolutely true. I've been in several jobs, never really gotten along with people, but only now am I going to lose my job, and it's because I'm not delivering and making the company money.

Make the company money, and you'll be impervious (nearly impervious) to being fired.

I could go on but read Grant's books. You'll see.