Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Calling All Online Traders in The Forum (FX & Stocks)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So basically I trade currency for the last 3 years while maintaining a job as the current source of income.
The opportunity I've been waiting for has arrived as you might read on my journal here it's time to get things serious.

And if you guys happen to trade either currency, stocks, or other derivatives, let's have this thread to share thoughts.
How do the things going for you to have the programs from IML in your arsenal?
As I'm in the preparation mode since February, I couldn't say much but US and TLAM have been helping me a lot in this stage.
Let's spill some ideas.
Cheers,

Ace
I tried it as a solo business (fx trading) but my losses piled up quick and i had to stop trading or lose all my capital.

there's a 3g trading sub here but it wasnt on sale at the time I was trading so I didn't use it.

since you already trade, some of these may be familiar to you:
- always cut your losses early, dont let it ride and think it'll recover
- have a healthy respect for the market, that is to say no one is smarter than the market.
- don't be ego-invested. take your losses (hopefully minimal) & move on much like when a hockey goalie allows a goal, its already forgotten by the next faceoff.
- there will be bad days, like a hockey goalie - learn to call it a night and pull out if things just arent going well - you'll save money by saying today isnt your day and ending your trading session early.
- hit for singles, not daily targets or home runs. a $50 win is better than a $200 loss. be grateful for the wins and dont be greedy by having daily targets or overcompensate by over-trading (my target was $300 per day, i met that target 3 times in 6 months) or massive home runs (i once had a $1700 gain on a trade and went south the following day cuz i got too overconfident and greedy).
- meditate before and after the trading session. this is key - set aside some time for visualization and meditation. this came late in my trading adventure but its very crucial as it sets the right tone for the day and the after trading day meditation allows you to release anxieties or lingering ego investment and allows you start fresh the next day. & most importantly, meditation allows you to have a deliniation in life and leave the trading behind after the day and live the rest of the day in your life.

edit: spelling
We need "Forex & Stock Marketing" Sub in 5.5G...I mean whats the point of this knowledge if u can't earn money..
(05-02-2017, 03:09 AM)Dilettante Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it as a solo business (fx trading) but my losses piled up quick and i had to stop trading or lose all my capital.

there's a 3g trading sub here but it wasnt on sale at the time I was trading so I didn't use it.

since you already trade, some of these may be familiar to you:
- always cut your losses early, dont let it ride and think it'll recover
- have a healthy respect for the market, that is to say no one is smarter than the market.
- don't be ego-invested. take your losses (hopefully minimal) & move on much like when a hockey goalie allows a goal, its already forgotten by the next faceoff.
- there will be bad days, like a hockey goalie - learn to call it a night and pull out if things just arent going well - you'll save money by saying today isnt your day and ending your trading session early.
- hit for singles, not daily targets or home runs. a $50 win is better than a $200 loss. be grateful for the wins and dont be greedy by having daily targets or overcompensate by over-trading (my target was $300 per day, i met that target 3 times in 6 months) or massive home runs (i once had a $1700 gain on a trade and went south the following day cuz i got too overconfident and greedy).
- meditate before and after the trading session. this is key - set aside some time for visualization and meditation. this came late in my trading adventure but its very crucial as it sets the right tone for the day and the after trading day meditation allows you to release anxieties or lingering ego investment and allows you start fresh the next day. & most importantly, meditation allows you to have a deliniation in life and leave the trading behind after the day and live the rest of the day in your life.

edit: spelling

Often too familiar that we tend to ignore it during the heat of action, lol.
Thanks for the words, I take them as some good reminders.

Yeah it's a shame that I couldn't get my hands on that trading sub myself, so now I'm using US during preparation mode and considering to move to other one in my mind as I start trading again which I will start mid of May.

(05-02-2017, 03:25 AM)Zane Wrote: [ -> ]We need "Forex & Stock Marketing" Sub in 5.5G...I mean whats the point of this knowledge if u can't earn money..

Damn yeah, man. I honestly admit that what brought me to this forum were BAMM and BASE.
I'm considering to go for one of them or maybe if it's possible to request something that tailored fitted for trading that would be awesome.
Any thought about that?