Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Disney Star Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I thought I would open a thread about this topic since there's been a lot of discussion about it and I also wanted to put in my opinion about the Disney star wars movies as well. I will probably update this thread as more of the movies come out. I will first start with Episode 7. Quite honestly I really didn't like the movie. Sure it had some entertaining moments here and there but they were overshadowed by the fact that that there were a lot of problems with story and characters. Not to mention that there were times when the movie clearly contradicted some points made in the earlier movies. The few points of contention I have are:

+ Rey is clearly a "Mary Sue" type character. Evidence for this are:
- She out maneuvers 2 empire pilots while piloting a ship that she has never piloted before. Some people that I talked to tried to excuse this by saying she is a mechanic of sorts but there is a big gap between being a mechanic/scavenger and knowing how to actually pilot said machinery.
- She literally fixes a problem with the millennium falcon that Han Solo, who has owned the ship for decades, can't figure out.
-She uses the Jedi mind trick even though she had no idea about it, except for maybe stories shes heard, and believed the "force" was just a myth 48 hours earlier.
- She learns how to use a light-saber efficiently on her first time actually picking it up. This totally contradicts something Obi wan said in the 4th movie. He said that if you don't have training with a light-saber your just as most likely going to hurt yourself as any opponent.
- Despite this pertinent information she beats a more experienced force user. This is after he totally demolished her not 48 hours earlier. This totally goes against most of the star wars universe. In the star war universe training and experience is always emphasized no matter how big your "meta-chlorine" count is. Luke went to face Vader before he completed his training and got his hand cut off. Anakin faced off against Count Dooku, way more experienced, and got his hand cut off. Despite this I'm suppose to believe that Rey, who even if she did secretly have some training when she was younger but can't remember, can beat a more experienced force user who has about 20 years of Jedi/Sith training under his belt? ugh, give me a break.
- Final point on this, some people try to excuse the above by saying that Kylo ren was shot and that Rey had some experience with using the staff. This is totally stupid, just because i know how to use a staff doesn't mean I automatically know how to masterfully use a sword. They are 2 different weapons. As for the wounded thing, I use to be a really big star wars fan and read a lot of the books in the expanded universe until they killed off one of my favorite characters. Anyone who's read any of the books would know that simply wounding a Jedi/Sith doesn't mean they can't kick your @ss.

+Overall I didn't like Fin's character that much. Was he funny to a degree? yes, but that wasn't enough to make up for the inconsistencies in his character.
- Hes been trained since birth to kill people yet he constantly gets his ass handed to him throughout the movie, whereas Rey with less experience rarely gets beat.
-Despite this training, which you think would toughen him up, he continually acts like a coward.
-When he finally finds his courage, what is it that finally prompts this? you guessed it, Rey getting kidnapped. He finds his courage because of a chick. I really get tired of this being used in movies. Why is it that a male character always has to change for the better because of a woman? Why can't he become more self developed because he actually wants to be a better person and become self actualized?
- The other inconsistency I noticed was how it was seeing some of his fellow storm troopers get shot during that battle that made him want to leave the first order but throughout the movie he has no problem shooting storm troopers himself.

Overall the most important issue I had with episode 7 besides the feminist propaganda was the fact that it was nothing but a new hope 2.0. It felt like they ripped off a lot of the different things from episode 4. Say what you will about the prequels but at least in the prequels Lucas was trying to be creative and bring something new to the plate. I want to see creativity, not the same old thing except for done worse. I do think I know why it turned out this way though. From a comment I read from someone else, apparently when they first announced episode 7 they actually had a script from George Lucas already made for the movie and had friend of Lucas being the primary worker on it. Disney decided to scrape the script and do a new one. So the script writer then started working on the new script and was starting to polish it up. Apparently, he was moving too slow for their taste, so they fired him and scraped that script. The only problem was that the movie was already going to start with photography for the sets within a month. So they actually ended up writing the script as they were filming the movie -_-'.

Now for Rogue one, I haven't seen all the movie yet but I have seen most of it ( i work at a movie theater). From what I've seen its a huge improvement over episode 7. So, i'm happy about that but at the same time there could still be improvements. At least the characters are more balanced now, which is good. I was also surprised with how they actually killed off the characters. Didn't know Disney had it in them to approve of something like that. Anyway, just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on these movies. Hopefully episode 8 will be better since "Jar Jar Abrams" won't be working on it.
Good idea. Smile

I agree with a lot of your points except a few, Rey's lightsaber abilities especially, and here's why:

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]- She learns how to use a light-saber efficiently on her first time actually picking it up. This totally contradicts something Obi wan said in the 4th movie. He said that if you don't have training with a light-saber your just as most likely going to hurt yourself as any opponent.

She doesn't actually use it efficiently. Watch the fight again, she stabs with it over and over again. It's like, the only move she uses, which is totally realistic. It's painful to watch her clumsily wield the sword while kylo gracefully deflects her feeble attempts. I have no problem there.

What is NOT realistic, however, is that she somehow beat the sith guy while using the same move! I mean, he'd been blocking it up till that point, so it makes no sense that she would have succeeded unless she tried a different move. Besides that, what would make more sense is if she simply got cut in half within seconds of attempting such a foolish fight.

But yeah, I was actually a fan of her saber style simply because it WAS so noobish.

Plus, after I watched this star wars theory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jjA6ZL0Z_k) I liked it even more. Big Grin

(I'm hoping it's true!)

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]- Despite this pertinent information she beats a more experienced force user. This is after he totally demolished her not 48 hours earlier. This totally goes against most of the star wars universe. In the star war universe training and experience is always emphasized no matter how big your "meta-chlorine" count is. Luke went to face Vader before he completed his training and got his hand cut off. Anakin faced off against Count Dooku, way more experienced, and got his hand cut off. Despite this I'm suppose to believe that Rey, who even if she did secretly have some training when she was younger but can't remember, can beat a more experienced force user who has about 20 years of Jedi/Sith training under his belt? ugh, give me a break.

I know, it's totally ridiculous.

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]+Overall I didn't like Fin's character that much. Was he funny to a degree? yes, but that wasn't enough to make up for the inconsistencies in his character.
- Hes been trained since birth to kill people yet he constantly gets his ass handed to him throughout the movie, whereas Rey with less experience rarely gets beat.

I thought Fin was a janitor?

He wasn't funny to me at all tho. More like "try hard".

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]-Despite this training, which you think would toughen him up, he continually acts like a coward.
-When he finally finds his courage, what is it that finally prompts this? you guessed it, Rey getting kidnapped. He finds his courage because of a chick. I really get tired of this being used in movies. Why is it that a male character always has to change for the better because of a woman? Why can't he become more self developed because he actually wants to be a better person and become self actualized?

I agree. Huge rolling of eyes from me in this part.

Yet, even for myself, I can't say that improving WASN'T because I wanted some pussy so... maybe it's realistic after all?

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]- The other inconsistency I noticed was how it was seeing some of his fellow storm troopers get shot during that battle that made him want to leave the first order but throughout the movie he has no problem shooting storm troopers himself.

Yeah, that was dumb. Not to mention that I saw a video on youtube where the guy reveals that the stormtrooper who died was Fin's best friend. You'd think that would make him hate the rebels, not join them.

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]Overall the most important issue I had with episode 7 besides the feminist propaganda was the fact that it was nothing but a new hope 2.0. It felt like they ripped off a lot of the different things from episode 4. Say what you will about the prequels but at least in the prequels Lucas was trying to be creative and bring something new to the plate. I want to see creativity, not the same old thing except for done worse.

I agree. I actually liked the prequels a lot. They weren't the original trilogy, but they weren't supposed to be. People need to stop clinging to the OT and embrace something new.

I mean seriously, the prequels had Qui Gon, Darth Maul, Count Duku, the Clone Battles on Geonosis, Jango Fett, Natalie Portman... the list goes on. :angel:

(12-19-2016, 10:29 AM)DarthXedonias Wrote: [ -> ]Now for Rogue one, I haven't seen all the movie yet but I have seen most of it ( i work at a movie theater). From what I've seen its a huge improvement over episode 7. So, i'm happy about that but at the same time there could still be improvements. At least the characters are more balanced now, which is good. I was also surprised with how they actually killed off the characters. Didn't know Disney had it in them to approve of something like that. Anyway, just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on these movies. Hopefully episode 8 will be better since "Jar Jar Abrams" won't be working on it.

I'm hoping this too. JJ Abrams is a terrible director. (Except he somehow made the first Star Trek Reboot a good movie)
I'm still not sure how a movie having a female lead is feminist propaganda. I know unjuiced girls who could run, jump and swim most dudes into the dirt. Am I missing something?
Are you guys talking about that recent butchering of a once great franchise, the one with the female lead character who is carrying around a staff shaped like a large black phallus? Hah... Leave it to Disney for subliminal phallic imagery.
(12-19-2016, 03:59 PM)RisingSon Wrote: [ -> ]Are you guys talking about that recent butchering of a once great franchise, the one with the female lead character who is carrying around a staff shaped like a large black phallus? Hah... Leave it to Disney for subliminal phallic imagery.

That's episode 7. There's the new one out now titled Rogue One set right before episode 4.

I thought they were both alright, but I only watch movies for light entertainment as I'm not a fan of the majority of modern flicks.
From DarthX's post, my responses are starred:

I thought I would open a thread about this topic since there's been a lot of discussion about it and I also wanted to put in my opinion about the Disney star wars movies as well. I will probably update this thread as more of the movies come out. I will first start with Episode 7. Quite honestly I really didn't like the movie. Sure it had some entertaining moments here and there but they were overshadowed by the fact that that there were a lot of problems with story and characters. Not to mention that there were times when the movie clearly contradicted some points made in the earlier movies. The few points of contention I have are:

+ Rey is clearly a "Mary Sue" type character. Evidence for this are:
- She out maneuvers 2 empire pilots while piloting a ship that she has never piloted before. Some people that I talked to tried to excuse this by saying she is a mechanic of sorts but there is a big gap between being a mechanic/scavenger and knowing how to actually pilot said machinery.
*** We have no clue what her background really is. She says she's a pilot, but the movie never explains where she got her skillz. That being said, most people don't care. It's a movie.
***Furthermore, because Luke in ANH flies a T-16 and a speeder, he knows how to pilot an X-Wing? Same problem.
- She literally fixes a problem with the millennium falcon that Han Solo, who has owned the ship for decades, can't figure out.
*** Han didn't even try. He was busy flying. He was merely impressed with her, simultaneously looking confused how she could possibly know how to do that. He knows there's something about her we don't know about...yet.
-She uses the Jedi mind trick even though she had no idea about it, except for maybe stories shes heard, and believed the "force" was just a myth 48 hours earlier.
***She thought Luke was myth. We don't know her background. She could have been Luke's daughter and trained for years,then had her memory wiped. All what-if's. I'm sure Rian Johnson will do an awesome job of filling plot holes, rendering points like this moot.
- She learns how to use a light-saber efficiently on her first time actually picking it up. This totally contradicts something Obi wan said in the 4th movie. He said that if you don't have training with a light-saber your just as most likely going to hurt yourself as any opponent.
*** I don't have a problem with HER using a saber. I have a problem with FINN using one. There's something about her we don't know, but he was just a damn stormtrooper.
- Despite this pertinent information she beats a more experienced force user. This is after he totally demolished her not 48 hours earlier. This totally goes against most of the star wars universe. In the star war universe training and experience is always emphasized no matter how big your "meta-chlorine" count is. Luke went to face Vader before he completed his training and got his hand cut off. Anakin faced off against Count Dooku, way more experienced, and got his hand cut off. Despite this I'm suppose to believe that Rey, who even if she did secretly have some training when she was younger but can't remember, can beat a more experienced force user who has about 20 years of Jedi/Sith training under his belt? ugh, give me a break.
***Something woke up in her, it was clear when she closed her eyes, something clicked. What, we don't know...yet.
- Final point on this, some people try to excuse the above by saying that Kylo ren was shot and that Rey had some experience with using the staff. This is totally stupid, just because i know how to use a staff doesn't mean I automatically know how to masterfully use a sword. They are 2 different weapons. As for the wounded thing, I use to be a really big star wars fan and read a lot of the books in the expanded universe until they killed off one of my favorite characters. Anyone who's read any of the books would know that simply wounding a Jedi/Sith doesn't mean they can't kick your @ss.
***Excusing her b/c Kylo was shot IS stupid. I say we don't know who she is, or where she came from. I feel when we do find out, all will fall into place.

+Overall I didn't like Fin's character that much. Was he funny to a degree? yes, but that wasn't enough to make up for the inconsistencies in his character.
-Despite this training, which you think would toughen him up, he continually acts like a coward.
***The village was his first outing. He'd never done anything else before but train, and who knows what that's like. I forget where I read that. But yeah, I agree, he's the weakest character so far.
***Haha, but unfortunately, it usually happens that way. I doubt there are many women around and he acts like a noob. Sarge would understand (just breaking your balls, Sarge! not amogging, I swear!).
- The other inconsistency I noticed was how it was seeing some of his fellow storm troopers get shot during that battle that made him want to leave the first order but throughout the movie he has no problem shooting storm troopers himself.
*** No. It was killing all the "innocent villagers."

Overall the most important issue I had with episode 7 besides the feminist propaganda was the fact that it was nothing but a new hope 2.0. It felt like they ripped off a lot of the different things from episode 4. Say what you will about the prequels but at least in the prequels Lucas was trying to be creative and bring something new to the plate.
***And mostly failed miserably, unfortunately. Because of that failure, JJ and company felt they HAD to do this just to bring SW back around to a new baseline so the rest of the movies could springboard from there.
***BB-8 was new, and better than anything in the prequel trilogy, IMO.

I want to see creativity, not the same old thing except for done worse.
***I loved Kylo Ren. Not done worse at all. Once again, JMHO.

I do think I know why it turned out this way though. From a comment I read from someone else, apparently when they first announced episode 7 they actually had a script from George Lucas already made for the movie and had friend of Lucas being the primary worker on it. Disney decided to scrape the script and do a new one. So the script writer then started working on the new script and was starting to polish it up. Apparently, he was moving too slow for their taste, so they fired him and scraped that script. The only problem was that the movie was already going to start with photography for the sets within a month. So they actually ended up writing the script as they were filming the movie -_-'.
***Hm, I could have sworn that was Rogue One that was being filmed and written simultaneously...

Now for Rogue one, I haven't seen all the movie yet but I have seen most of it ( i work at a movie theater). From what I've seen its a huge improvement over episode 7. So, i'm happy about that but at the same time there could still be improvements. At least the characters are more balanced now, which is good. I was also surprised with how they actually killed off the characters.
***I wasn't surprised, and loved this.

Didn't know Disney had it in them to approve of something like that. Anyway, just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on these movies. Hopefully episode 8 will be better since "Jar Jar Abrams" won't be working on it.
***Rian Johnson is pretty awesome. Have you seen Looper?
(12-19-2016, 11:48 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. I actually liked the prequels a lot. They weren't the original trilogy, but they weren't supposed to be. People need to stop clinging to the OT and embrace something new.

I mean seriously, the prequels had Qui Gon, Darth Maul, Count Duku, the Clone Battles on Geonosis, Jango Fett, Natalie Portman... the list goes on. :angel:

I'm not the biggest prequels fan, not the worst critic, but there was much to criticize. The worst frickin' dialogue "My heart...is burning blah blah Padme, end my suffering!" "I hate sand, it gets everywhere!" "If Master Obi-Wan knew I was doing this, he'd be vewy vewy grumpy!" The jumping hippo-turds in the grasslands - hell, the whole romantic aspect of AOTC was vomit-inducingly bad. Midichlorians - why do we have to "explain" the Force with science? Jar Jar, nuff said. The CGI everything was terrible. The Geonosians sucked. Artoo can suddenly fly, WTF. The battle droids sucked and were cheesy as hell.

George needed screenwriters to clean up his crappy scripts, and people who weren't yes men to tell him when his ideas sucked ass. I bet his script for episode 7 was full of little kids and terrible dialogue. It all probably happened on Tatooine, too.

I liked ROTS, mostly. Killing the padawans in the Jedi temple? Brutal. Palpatine killing the Jedi and then Windu, awesome. Anakin falling for his save Padme shit, though, not quite sure about that. Padme running while bursting pregnant, terrible. Him suddenly force choking her b/c the Dark Side apparently made Anakin go full retard. Obi-Wan sees two children born, yet in Empire has no idea about Leia - I mean, come ON WTF!?

Maul - cool. Dooku? Hated him. Best thing was him losing his head. Grevious? Meh. I mean, a droid with no force ability wielding multiple light sabers?

The pod race in TPM was good, too. Anyway, I could go on and on about the prequels. While I "like" them, these new movies are going to wash the bad taste outta my mouth.
Just watched the new Star Wars. Can be seen as the epitome of our current entertainment culture. As the grit really did describe well the theme of conflict that seems to be trending a lot these days. The movie was visceral and I would put it above the marvel movies everyone raves about mostly because I like Star Wars better. I found that if the story is stripped down hope embodied the signal tower shooting up and broadcasting to the entire galaxy by the female lead. What a fulfilling sign of dominance she got to experience right before she died. Anyways I was born in the 90s and don't see how any of the movies have gotten any worse. With the improvement of technology maybe the kylo ren could've been less of a baby in the last one. It's hard not to relate to the entertainment industry and how they try to entice us with better writing and strategies. While watching the movie all I could think about was what drew me away from self awareness by being as interesting and leading edge as possible there were a few moments like that in this Star Wars but I guess what makes a great movie is when you forget you're even watching one
(12-19-2016, 07:52 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2016, 11:48 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. I actually liked the prequels a lot. They weren't the original trilogy, but they weren't supposed to be. People need to stop clinging to the OT and embrace something new.

I'm not the biggest prequels fan, not the worst critic, but there was much to criticize. The worst frickin' dialogue "My heart...is burning blah blah Padme, end my suffering!" "I hate sand, it gets everywhere!" "If Master Obi-Wan knew I was doing this, he'd be vewy vewy grumpy!" The jumping hippo-turds in the grasslands - hell, the whole romantic aspect of AOTC was vomit-inducingly bad. Midichlorians - why do we have to "explain" the Force with science? Jar Jar, nuff said. The CGI everything was terrible. The Geonosians sucked. Artoo can suddenly fly, WTF. The battle droids sucked and were cheesy as hell.

Yeah sure, they had some stupidity, but so do all Star Wars (especially the later ones *cough cough*)

As for Jar Jar Binks, I hgated him too, till I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

That would be AWESOME!!

(12-19-2016, 07:52 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]George needed screenwriters to clean up his crappy scripts, and people who weren't yes men to tell him when his ideas sucked ass. I bet his script for episode 7 was full of little kids and terrible dialogue. It all probably happened on Tatooine, too.

I don't wanna go into that. From what I deduce, George Lucas was under incredible pressure from the Star Wars fanboys and made some changes to his stories to appease them. THAT is why they sucked (you know, kind of like how the new Star Wars movies suck because they are STILL catering to the fan base)

(12-19-2016, 07:52 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]I liked ROTS, mostly. Killing the padawans in the Jedi temple? Brutal. Palpatine killing the Jedi and then Windu, awesome. Anakin falling for his save Padme shit, though, not quite sure about that. Padme running while bursting pregnant, terrible. Him suddenly force choking her b/c the Dark Side apparently made Anakin go full retard. Obi-Wan sees two children born, yet in Empire has no idea about Leia - I mean, come ON WTF!?

Maul - cool. Dooku? Hated him. Best thing was him losing his head. Grevious? Meh. I mean, a droid with no force ability wielding multiple light sabers?

The pod race in TPM was good, too. Anyway, I could go on and on about the prequels. While I "like" them, these new movies are going to wash the bad taste outta my mouth.

Hated Duku??? Bb-but Christopher Lee! And the curved lightsaber handle!!

I guess obi wan not knowing about Leah in empire was definitely stupid.

Greivous? Yeah, he was dumb (too childish). Also I agree with you that Anakin going full retard was dumb (in fact, I felt like the whole sequence of him turning to the dark side felt rushed and ill-conceived, But I made peace with it a while ago although, at the time I first saw Ep. 3 I was SO mad about it lol).

I too have hope for the new movies, but so far, not gonna lie, the prequels were just better to me. :/
(12-20-2016, 03:53 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2016, 07:52 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah sure, they had some stupidity, but so do all Star Wars (especially the later ones *cough cough*)

As for Jar Jar Binks, I hgated him too, till I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

That would be AWESOME!!

(12-19-2016, 07:52 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]George needed screenwriters to clean up his crappy scripts, and people who weren't yes men to tell him when his ideas sucked ass. I bet his script for episode 7 was full of little kids and terrible dialogue. It all probably happened on Tatooine, too.

I don't wanna go into that. From what I deduce, George Lucas was under incredible pressure from the Star Wars fanboys and made some changes to his stories to appease them. THAT is why they sucked (you know, kind of like how the new Star Wars movies suck because they are STILL catering to the fan base)

(12-19-2016, 07:52 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]I liked ROTS, mostly. Killing the padawans in the Jedi temple? Brutal. Palpatine killing the Jedi and then Windu, awesome. Anakin falling for his save Padme shit, though, not quite sure about that. Padme running while bursting pregnant, terrible. Him suddenly force choking her b/c the Dark Side apparently made Anakin go full retard. Obi-Wan sees two children born, yet in Empire has no idea about Leia - I mean, come ON WTF!?

Hated Duku??? Bb-but Christopher Lee! And the curved lightsaber handle!!

I guess obi wan not knowing about Leah in empire was definitely stupid.

Greivous? Yeah, he was dumb (too childish). Also I agree with you that Anakin going full retard was dumb (in fact, I felt like the whole sequence of him turning to the dark side felt rushed and ill-conceived, But I made peace with it a while ago although, at the time I first saw Ep. 3 I was SO mad about it lol).

I too have hope for the new movies, but so far, not gonna lie, the prequels were just better to me. :/

I like Dooku's curved saber. I also love Christopher Lee... But the character felt hollow. It was almost like Lucas had something else planned, then he trashed the idea, and Dooku was the backup plan. I dunno. I, like you, have made peace (mostly) with the stuff that bothers me in the prequels... Except for Jar Jar saying, "How rude!" All I can think of is that little shit Michelle from Full House any time I hear that phrase, lol.
(12-20-2016, 12:41 PM)James Bond Wrote: [ -> ]Just watched the new Star Wars. Can be seen as the epitome of our current entertainment culture. As the grit really did describe well the theme of conflict that seems to be trending a lot these days. The movie was visceral and I would put it above the marvel movies everyone raves about mostly because I like Star Wars better. I found that if the story is stripped down hope embodied the signal tower shooting up and broadcasting to the entire galaxy by the female lead. What a fulfilling sign of dominance she got to experience right before she died. Anyways I was born in the 90s and don't see how any of the movies have gotten any worse. With the improvement of technology maybe the kylo ren could've been less of a baby in the last one. It's hard not to relate to the entertainment industry and how they try to entice us with better writing and strategies. While watching the movie all I could think about was what drew me away from self awareness by being as interesting and leading edge as possible there were a few moments like that in this Star Wars but I guess what makes a great movie is when you forget you're even watching one

RE: Kylo acting like a baby with his temper tantrums.

I think of him as the spoiled rich kid. He's the son of two of the galaxy's most revered heros, the nephew of the first Jedi since the Purge, and the grandson of Darth Vader. He grew up entitled, with a huge ego, and the equivalent of a silver spoon in his mouth. He was obviously a pain in the ass to deal with, so he was sent away to train with Uncle Luke. All these things make him prime fodder for the Darkside, and now he wants to be just like big bad Grandpa Vader. He'll show his parents and Luke, like the only child spoiled, entitled little shit that he is. And just like Rey surmises from reading Kylo's mind, he doesn't really think he can live up to being as powerful as those who came before him, especially Grandpa Vader..."The Chosen One."

EDIT: Willing to bet Han & Leia were absentee parents. Especially Han.
(12-20-2016, 07:17 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]I like Dooku's curved saber. I also love Christopher Lee... But the character felt hollow. It was almost like Lucas had something else planned, then he trashed the idea, and Dooku was the backup plan. I dunno. I, like you, have made peace (mostly) with the stuff that bothers me in the prequels... Except for Jar Jar saying, "How rude!" All I can think of is that little shit Michelle from Full House any time I hear that phrase, lol.

Lol, I don't remember Full House much. I just know I watched it as a kid Tongue

But yeah that's the idea actually. apparently (if you believe the "Darth Jar Jar" Theory) Dooku was written in to replace Jar Jar as the sith. Lucas changed it because of pressure from the fandom.

I think that would have been awesome like I said, but of course, doesn't excuse the fact that Lucas caved to the pressure.

If he was the same film maker he was during Star wars Empire Strikes Back era, he would have made his movies without giving a f*ck about what other people thought or wanted.

(12-20-2016, 07:27 PM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]All these things make him prime fodder for the Darkside, and now he wants to be just like big bad Grandpa Vader. He'll show his parents and Luke, [...]he doesn't really think he can live up to being as powerful as those who came before him, especially Grandpa Vader..."The Chosen One."

Except that Grandpa Vader turned back to the light side... Kylo must never have been told that story...
(12-20-2016, 11:30 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Except that Grandpa Vader turned back to the light side... Kylo must never have been told that story...

No one saw that story but Luke. Maybe Uncle Luke was lying? I don't know if the force ghosts stuck around to speak with Ben Solo.
(12-21-2016, 07:11 AM)RTBoss Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2016, 11:30 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote: [ -> ]Except that Grandpa Vader turned back to the light side... Kylo must never have been told that story...

No one saw that story but Luke. Maybe Uncle Luke was lying? I don't know if the force ghosts stuck around to speak with Ben Solo.

After Luke Telling Leah that "there's good in him I FELT IT, he WON'T turn me over to the Emperor, I can save him, I can turn him BACK to the GOOD SIDE... I have to try"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYX_PgorRY

You really think he would have stayed silent? Or would he have said "Leah, I saved our father. in the end, he returned to the light side."?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5