Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Question about Core States Of Awareness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Shannon, I need some clarification regarding this:

Quote:It has recently come to my attention that some of you have been using the brainwave entrainment programs too much per day and/or for too many days in a row, and getting some unexpected results. Here is how to properly use these programs:

If you plan to use them long term, use no more than one target frequency or program, for no more than 30 minutes per day, and afterward, always balance it out with 30 minutes of the beta brainwave entrainment program found in the Core States pack for an equal amount of time each day. This will help prevent you from unintentionally training your brain to stay in a specific non-awake frequency while you're awake. I recommend against using BWE programming for more than 30 days straight.

If you wish to use one or more BWE programs for more than 30 minutes per day, never use more than two different programs for more than the length of one play-through per day. Also, do not use the programs of longer than 30 minutes for consecutive days, or too many days per week or per month. It is a good idea to try to balance the programs with 30 to 60 minutes of low frequency beta afterward, as well, to bring you back to consciousness and train awakeness.

If you ever experience any effects from using BWE programs that you do not like, immediately stop using them.

The Core set contains the Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma frequencies. Are you saying Beta is a "balancer" for all the other frequencies? And should I use Beta immediately after a play-through of any of the others? If that is the case, then I fail to see their importance as it will mean I will immediately cancel the effect of 30 minutes of Alpha, for example, with the Beta.

Or, do I use Alpha in the morning and then balance it out in the afternoon or evening with Beta?

Which is the right way to use them, please?
(08-19-2016, 06:48 AM)Lucius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon, I need some clarification regarding this:

Quote:It has recently come to my attention that some of you have been using the brainwave entrainment programs too much per day and/or for too many days in a row, and getting some unexpected results. Here is how to properly use these programs:

If you plan to use them long term, use no more than one target frequency or program, for no more than 30 minutes per day, and afterward, always balance it out with 30 minutes of the beta brainwave entrainment program found in the Core States pack for an equal amount of time each day. This will help prevent you from unintentionally training your brain to stay in a specific non-awake frequency while you're awake. I recommend against using BWE programming for more than 30 days straight.

If you wish to use one or more BWE programs for more than 30 minutes per day, never use more than two different programs for more than the length of one play-through per day. Also, do not use the programs of longer than 30 minutes for consecutive days, or too many days per week or per month. It is a good idea to try to balance the programs with 30 to 60 minutes of low frequency beta afterward, as well, to bring you back to consciousness and train awakeness.

If you ever experience any effects from using BWE programs that you do not like, immediately stop using them.

The Core set contains the Delta, Theta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma frequencies. Are you saying Beta is a "balancer" for all the other frequencies? And should I use Beta immediately after a play-through of any of the others? If that is the case, then I fail to see their importance as it will mean I will immediately cancel the effect of 30 minutes of Alpha, for example, with the Beta.

Or, do I use Alpha in the morning and then balance it out in the afternoon or evening with Beta?

Which is the right way to use them, please?

The Beta frequency range is the default state of your consciousness while you are awake. So after you slow your frequency state down (Alpha, Theta, Delta) or speed it up (Gamma) you want to return it to the normal waking state. So you would play the Beta frequency track immediately afterwards. The goal is to let you explore altered states of consciousness without training your brain to remain permanently in it.

Let's say you want to explore the Theta frequency realm: you play the Theta track and over time learn to be in it. After you stop entraining you'll go back to the Beta frequency band automatically over time. With the use of the Beta frequency track you aid yourself to come back to the Beta frequency range completely and quickly.

With this approach you'll train yourself over time to go more easily and longer into different frequency ranges without displacing your normal state of awake awareness.

This is exactly what the Special Meditations Set is doing. It'll slow your frequency band down into the desired range for about half an hour and will speed you up to normal Beta range for the remaining 30 minutes of the 60 minute track.

Hope this helps.
(08-19-2016, 10:01 AM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]The Beta frequency range is the default state of your consciousness while you are awake. So after you slow your frequency state down (Alpha, Theta, Delta) or speed it up (Gamma) you want to return it to the normal waking state. So you would play the Beta frequency track immediately afterwards. The goal is to let you explore altered states of consciousness without training your brain to remain permanently in it.

Let's say you want to explore the Theta frequency realm: you play the Theta track and over time learn to be in it. After you stop entraining you'll go back to the Beta frequency band automatically over time. With the use of the Beta frequency track you aid yourself to come back to the Beta frequency range completely and quickly.

With this approach you'll train yourself over time to go more easily and longer into different frequency ranges without displacing your normal state of awake awareness.

This is exactly what the Special Meditations Set is doing. It'll slow your frequency band down into the desired range for about half an hour and will speed you up to normal Beta range for the remaining 30 minutes of the 60 minute track.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, Raz. I understand it better. I will appreciate further clarification though. For example, the instruction says rapid learning occurs in the Alpha state. With the Alpha track being 30 minutes long, does that mean I have only a 30 minutes window for rapid learning since I have to get back to Beta immediately afterwards? Or, with time after understanding what Alpha is, will I be able to go into that state without the need to listen to the track?
(08-19-2016, 01:09 PM)Lucius Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much, Raz. I understand it better. I will appreciate further clarification though. For example, the instruction says rapid learning occurs in the Alpha state. With the Alpha track being 30 minutes long, does that mean I have only a 30 minutes window for rapid learning since I have to get back to Beta immediately afterwards? Or, with time after understanding what Alpha is, will I be able to go into that state without the need to listen to the track?

It's the second one. The more often you listen to the Alpha frequency track, you will feel that you zone out less and less while in Alpha state. You teach yourself to go more easily into the Alpha zone and stay there without loss of focus. Lets say when you go into Alpha now you have to go trough high grasslands and shrubs to reach the Alpha stream. With each repetition you continually form a better path through the undergrowth and build a bench at the waterside. You can go faster into the state and remain there longer.

After a little practice you won't need to listen to the track anymore because your brain is state shifting into Alpha on its own if it is needed/wanted/congenial.

The best time to state shift with this is is around midday in my opinion. If you go into lower frequencies directly after waking up you are messing with your ability to go into Beta frequency range in the morning. If you do this in the evening your artificially slowed down or accelerated state might interfere with your ability to go to sleep afterwards. So the ideal point during the day would be the farthest away from both waking up and going to sleep.

The Beta frequency range is very underrated by most I think. As is Gamma, if not more so. For some interesting food for thought on possible effects of the Gamma frequency band on our cognitive functioning and abilities take a look at THIS.
Wow! Thank you very much. Now I get it.

I have been ignoring the benefits of meditation until recently when I experienced it's importance after meditating for a couple of days. I intend to purchase the Special Meditation set, but I got the Core States set first so I can get a feel of what this is all about. I am already excited for the benefits I will get.