Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Trauma Release Exercises Skype/Webcam Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was curious if anyone here would be interested in doing a Trauma Release Exercise group over Skype or any other video chat platform.

I've experienced reichian therapy in a group setting and have always found it extremely helpful, more so than doing it alone. Our bodies tend to find new ways to release trauma and stress when we're around others, and it seems that certain barriers become much lighter around others.

If you're not familiar with Trauma Release Exercises in short it's basically a set of exercises you perform that allow your body to begin shaking and releasing these deeply help patterns of tension that can lead to trauma and traumatic behavior. This shaking mechanism is natural in most animals, but as humans we tend to suppress our natural ability to shake out trauma and this leads to us becoming traumatized.

There are a wealth of videos on YouTube and on the Internet in General if you're looking for more information.

I'm currently located in California, PST time but I'm very dedicated to releasing trauma and emotional healing so I'll put myself down as being available at almost any time if there is someone else willing to come around and do this with me.

You don't need anything to begin, although it's preferable if you have a webcam that can face your bed, or a yoga mat, or even just a blanket you can lie on top of.

Cheers,
Bookstacks
I'm not sure how valuable that would be, and I say this from doing coaching sessions in TRE the last few months.

Learning from the book and dvd you are missing out on a lot. The trick is to be able to self regulate and go at your own pace, watching the dvd and being forced to do it in their time or with a group of people where it's the same i'm not sure it's as much benefit.

I'd really recommend to get a couple of sessions, I think I did around 4 and it helped massively. Now i'm taking a few months to do it by myself before going back to her for more refinement.
(.....)
Do any of you have experience in doing it more often on a long period?

I did it quit a few times and have the feeling it helps, but on the other side if i just go to the limit with my body (hiking, swimming, jogging) i have trembles aswell and the release feels kind of the same. Not sure if its not just endorphines which get releases making the good feeling.

Also I do Sedona from time to time and it really helps alot in mental relasing unwanted things.
(.....)
So I'm just going to begin doing this regularly. If anyone wants to join me shoot me a PM and we can exchange Skype names. Anyone is welcome to come as long as you're not disruptive.