Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Overcome Procrastination+O(GS)F?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've known for a long time I'm a chronic procrastinator. Of the two main reasons I'm aware of, the one I've known about the longest has consistently been "do the bare minimum to satisfy yourself." Recently, however, I've found another, more pervasive and insidious reason: fear of inadequacy. More specifically, "whatever effort you put in won't be good enough, so don't bother doing it earlier and more efficiently." Currently this applies to coursework in my college classes, but has also applied to work at previous jobs and I'm worried it may manifest in later jobs as well.

If the script library is any indication, the current OP in 4G covers most of the reasons one would procrastinate, but it doesn't look like it targets fear-based reasons hard enough. There could also be guilt- and shame-based reasons not specifically targeted as well, like "I don't want to make other lower-performing peers look bad" or "if I put all this effort and get an A- instead of an A I will bring shame upon my parents" or similar.

Shannon, if Overcome Procrastination is on the queue for a 5G upgrade, or is to be included in any 5G or later programs, please consider researching a way to embed OF and/or OGSF scripting into it as well, since fear or full-on GSF definitely plays a significant part in why people procrastinate.
I personally would love a OP+ OF combo, that would be some atomic shizniz right there! Or even better a way to incorporate OP+OF + OGSF at the same time.