Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Asleep vs. awake?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been recommended here many times by many people, including Shannon himself, that listening to subs during sleep (assuming properly calibrated and oriented speakers or headphones) is a really good way to listen for a relatively unbroken length of time.

I would like to know definitively, assuming the same listening conditions and choosing for example ultrasonic, which one, asleep or awake is objectively better than the other and how, or if the advantages of one over the other are insignificant enough that they are relatively the same levels of effectiveness.

An example is a 12-hour listening period: is listening for 4 awake/8 asleep better than 6 awake/6 asleep or 8 awake/4 asleep, etc?
That will depend on the individual I think. Some can listen during the night and be fine, others can't as it keeps them awake or affects their sleep too adversely. Others can use one type of subliminal and sleep fine, masked or ultrasonic, and yet the other drives them nuts trying to sleep. Some have very sensitive hearing, especially our younger users, so ultrasonics aren't usable by them for long periods of time, or at all. I don't think it's so cut and dry that one is better than the other 100% of the time. That's also part of the reason Shannon makes two kinds of masked subliminals, AND an ultrasonic. To give you the flexibility to experiment and choose which suits your needs and wishes the best. They all have the exact same subliminal program in them.

Also, aside from the reasons I gave, I think 6 hours a day and 6 hours a night, and 12 hours a day, is six of one, have a dozen of the other. Hours listened, is hours listened. As long as the volume is set to the right level, and you've made sure your speakers or headphones can play the sub properly, then as long as you hit the minimum amount daily, you'll see results.

Also, here's some more info to backup what I've said in more detail. Read the whole section to get a better understanding. I'm sure that will help out. Link: http://subliminal-talk.com/thread-5238-p...l#pid70061
Yep, the answer is depend on the individual.
I gotta do it when I sleep. When I'm awake, the subs sound like screeching bats and annoys the shit out of me.
(08-10-2015, 09:38 AM)Geodude Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta do it when I sleep. When I'm awake, the subs sound like screeching bats and annoys the shit out of me.

You sound like my wife! Tongue