Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Stereo Versus Mono Speakers/Headphones: Why You Need Stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Speakers and headphones come in two main varieties: Mono and Stereo.

Stereo are by far the more popular. Stereo means you have one channel for the left ear, and one channel for the right ear. Stereo allows you to hear in 3D, just as two eyes allow you to see in 3D.

Mono is a much older option, still offered occasionally. Usually offered in low end speakers or headphones because it is cheaper to manufacture. Mono gives you one channel. Some people can't tell the difference.

You need stereo speakers and headphones for my subliminals. Part of the build process introduces 3 dimensional audio, which is designed to force both hemispheres of your brain to work together as a single whole to process the subliminal.

If you listen to one of my subliminals in mono, therefore, you will only be getting half the information. Because it is only half the information, and suddenly your brain is no longer being forced to work as a whole, you won't even get half the impact that you would from using stereo.

DO NOT USE MONO! If you ever ask me about a speaker and I suggest it, but it is a mono speaker, you know I did not see or know that. I will never suggest a mono appliance if I know it is mono.
Hey Shannon.

"Part of the build process introduces 3 dimensional audio, which is designed to force both hemispheres of your brain to work together as a single whole to process the subliminal. "

Even if a stereo speaker is placed at a side of the body, like on the side of the bed, would it still affect both hemispheres and have maximum efficiency? I ask this because this way, even if it's stereo, you would hear both channels, but entirely with both ears (not 3d anymore) and a little more with the ear closest to the speaker. But if they are designed to affect each side of the brain specifically, it will have lesser result isolating the targeted hemisphere.
(08-05-2012, 06:25 PM)Lkawakita Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon.

"Part of the build process introduces 3 dimensional audio, which is designed to force both hemispheres of your brain to work together as a single whole to process the subliminal. "

Even if a stereo speaker is placed at a side of the body, like on the side of the bed, would it still affect both hemispheres and have maximum efficiency? I ask this because this way, even if it's stereo, you would hear both channels, but entirely with both ears (not 3d anymore) and a little more with the ear closest to the speaker. But if they are designed to affect each side of the brain specifically, it will have lesser result isolating the targeted hemisphere.

The more specifically stereoscopic the audio is relative to the user, the more efficient the stereo-spatial audio effect will be. You can use speakers across the room, separated by several feet, or as one of my testers once did, set up facing eachother on opposite sides of your bed. Naturally the closer to 180 degrees from one another the audio source points are, and the more directly they project to your ears (as opposed to at an angle) the more specifically stereoscopic the effect will be, and the better this will trigger the whole brain synchronization effect.

If there is a difference in distance from one ear to one speaker versus the other, the volume will be slightly higher in the closer ear because sound falls off in volume at the square of the distance from it's, just as light falls off in brightness at the square of the distance from it's source. However, in the vast majority of cases, while not optimal, this specific phenomenon will not have a negative effect.
Hi
I have a question in regard to speakers :
I have a 2010 MAcbook Pro and just downloaded free subliminal from you/Indigo . Can I listen on my Mac - not sure if this model has stereo speakers ?

second : can I download on my iPod from my computer and then listen through my stereo speakers ?

third : can I actually do the same with my iPhone - download the track on my iPhone and listen through stereo speakers ?

I know there are very basic technical questions but I want to get it right
thank you
This could be an issue I'm having then- I'm listening nightly with two speakers but I sleep on my side and so one ear isn't getting a lot. Also the speakers are just blending in the room.

hmmm...
(07-12-2013, 10:13 AM)geetapriya Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I have a question in regard to speakers :
I have a 2010 MAcbook Pro and just downloaded free subliminal from you/Indigo . Can I listen on my Mac - not sure if this model has stereo speakers ?

second : can I download on my iPod from my computer and then listen through my stereo speakers ?

third : can I actually do the same with my iPhone - download the track on my iPhone and listen through stereo speakers ?

I know there are very basic technical questions but I want to get it right
thank you

I would be astounded if Apple ever used mono speakers for any of their laptops... and a MacBook Pro? Never. These computers are designed for use by creative professionals for professional use. Like I am doing right now, building subs (audio) on a MacBook Pro.

Answer to your second question is yes.

Answer to the third question is yes.
(07-13-2013, 05:21 PM)nept Wrote: [ -> ]This could be an issue I'm having then- I'm listening nightly with two speakers but I sleep on my side and so one ear isn't getting a lot. Also the speakers are just blending in the room.

hmmm...

To get the best possible results, you must use stereo headphones for 8+ hours per day. That's rarely possible to do effectively, so the second best thing to do is to use stereo speakers in a room and have them separated on opposite sides of your ears as you listen.

That's also not always possible, so a lot of people just use stereo speakers in a standard configuration, or their laptops.

Some people use their mono cell phone at night to play their subs, sleeping on their sides.

It will all work. But you'll notice better and better results as you go toward more and more perfect stereo separation.
Just a quick Q on this. When I placed 2 speakers either side of my bed I woke in the morning feel absolutely drained, both mentally and physically. I was (am) listening to BIATBW, so a 4G title. I tried over several nights and got the same effect. When I listen with both speakers to one side of my bed I don't get this draining effect. Is this my brain being maxed out all night processing the info? Would this draining effect wear off over time do you think?

I don't go for full stereo separation any more, since what is the point of being irresistibly attractive to beautiful women if I have no energy to act on it Smile but I'm seeing results with having both speakers to the side of my bed anyway so it's all good.
(07-23-2013, 12:10 PM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick Q on this. When I placed 2 speakers either side of my bed I woke in the morning feel absolutely drained, both mentally and physically. I was (am) listening to BIATBW, so a 4G title. I tried over several nights and got the same effect. When I listen with both speakers to one side of my bed I don't get this draining effect. Is this my brain being maxed out all night processing the info? Would this draining effect wear off over time do you think?

I don't go for full stereo separation any more, since what is the point of being irresistibly attractive to beautiful women if I have no energy to act on it Smile but I'm seeing results with having both speakers to the side of my bed anyway so it's all good.

Full stereo separation forces your brain hemispheres to work much more efficiently, and produces much better results. If you're going to break separation, your results will decrease too.

As for whether it will go away over time, it's possible, but in your case I think you're not getting enough rest using it while you sleep, so I would suggest using it during the day instead, with headphones or stereo separation, and then allowing yourself to rest and process at night.
Thanks Shannon, that's not a bad idea. I'll try getting an hour or two in the evenings with headphones and the rest at night. I take it it doesn't matter that the exposure is split into 2 sessions rather than in one block? I'll try it out anyway.
Alta, these programs definitely work a lot better when both brain hemispheres taking the information. Sleep patterns and going to sleep on time is also really important because when you are at 100 percent during the day you can give an accurate evaluation of the differences the subliminal you're listening to is making.

Thanks

Fonzy
(07-24-2013, 01:03 PM)Alta Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Shannon, that's not a bad idea. I'll try getting an hour or two in the evenings with headphones and the rest at night. I take it it doesn't matter that the exposure is split into 2 sessions rather than in one block? I'll try it out anyway.

It is alright to split it into 2 sessions.
Thanks Shannon, and Fonzy. I've been listening via headphones for 1-2 hours and I'm sure it makes my head a little warmer - I guess this is the extra processing going on even though this is 4G and not 5G, I know 5G is reported to have this effect. But yeah, seeing very quick results with AOS after just a few days - people generally being a bit more interested in me and appreciating how I look a bit more etc. Pretty much what the other forum members report. Wish I had more time to spend on this one Smile
4G "ain't no joke" either. You won't find anything that compares to 4G OR 5G anywhere else.
Pages: 1 2