Subliminal Talk

Full Version: question for Shannon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Ben referred me to post here, so I'll copy paste my question:

When I listen to my LTU 3.1 recently, I've been using the Treble Reducer setting on the EQ of the iPhone 5, because it reduces the upper high frequencies, and it makes it more soothing on the ears to me, and a little easier to sleep. Is this ok? What frequencies do the trickling stream subliminals take up? For example, the talking human voice doesn't go over a few thousand Hz. However, for the ultrasonic, I know that they are pitched way up. For the trickling stream, is it ok if I use the treble reducer setting, or is there subliminal content that is pitched up to higher frequencies in the trickling stream one?
Anyone know the answer to this question? I really need to know if listening on Treble Reducer setting on the EQ of the iPhone 5 is OK or not.
(01-04-2015, 03:09 PM)dissonance Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Ben referred me to post here, so I'll copy paste my question:

When I listen to my LTU 3.1 recently, I've been using the Treble Reducer setting on the EQ of the iPhone 5, because it reduces the upper high frequencies, and it makes it more soothing on the ears to me, and a little easier to sleep. Is this ok? What frequencies do the trickling stream subliminals take up? For example, the talking human voice doesn't go over a few thousand Hz. However, for the ultrasonic, I know that they are pitched way up. For the trickling stream, is it ok if I use the treble reducer setting, or is there subliminal content that is pitched up to higher frequencies in the trickling stream one?

Treble reducer is a no-no with ultrasonics. It has no negative impact on masked format. The human voice usually does not exceed 3-4 kHz.
What about for the trickling stream? I use earphones and listen with earphones during sleep with trickling stream.
(01-28-2015, 01:10 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Treble reducer is a no-no with ultrasonics. It has no negative impact on masked format. The human voice usually does not exceed 3-4 kHz.

Read?
oh wow i've been running on jet lag sleep lately, completely misread that part, thanks
(01-28-2015, 01:10 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2015, 03:09 PM)dissonance Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. Ben referred me to post here, so I'll copy paste my question:

Treble reducer is a no-no with ultrasonics. It has no negative impact on masked format. The human voice usually does not exceed 3-4 kHz.

what about any other EQ setting on a phone? will it be best to keep it off or does it not make a difference...I am assuming that with ultrasonics the EQ should be off.