Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Can resistance come in short intense bursts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using ASC for a couple of weeks now and I am liking the results, apart from the tiredness (I work long hours so can't increase my sleep to compensate).

I've noticed that I'm more relaxed with people and less concerned with their opinions of me. I'm holding more eye contact as well, but a strange thing happened yesterday around lunchtime. I suddenly found it really difficult to hold eye contact and became really self conscious. It felt like everyone was looking at me. It lasted for about an hour, then I was back to my new improved self. Can subs cause very sudden ups and downs like this? Is it the resistance I've been hearing about, or is it just part of the process and just means it's working properly? I'm definitely going to continue with it for 2 or 3 months as I like everything it's done apart from that one lapse and the tiredness.
I am sure that's resistance. I have had many ups and downs in the last weeks, usually not several times within a day but I think it could happen. So don't worry, just continue and try to get some extra rest/sleep where even possible.
(12-06-2014, 06:23 AM)sebastian Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure that's resistance. I have had many ups and downs in the last weeks, usually not several times within a day but I think it could happen. So don't worry, just continue and try to get some extra rest/sleep where even possible.

Thanks, I'll get an early night tonight and try and chill out a bit.
(12-06-2014, 01:37 AM)terry44 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using ASC for a couple of weeks now and I am liking the results, apart from the tiredness (I work long hours so can't increase my sleep to compensate).

I've noticed that I'm more relaxed with people and less concerned with their opinions of me. I'm holding more eye contact as well, but a strange thing happened yesterday around lunchtime. I suddenly found it really difficult to hold eye contact and became really self conscious. It felt like everyone was looking at me. It lasted for about an hour, then I was back to my new improved self. Can subs cause very sudden ups and downs like this? Is it the resistance I've been hearing about, or is it just part of the process and just means it's working properly? I'm definitely going to continue with it for 2 or 3 months as I like everything it's done apart from that one lapse and the tiredness.

Yes, this is exactly how it is. I've just finished AM6 and I feel all over the place. I was great a week before I finished as well. I'm guessing it will settle down over time....
(12-06-2014, 09:09 AM)adam225 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2014, 01:37 AM)terry44 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using ASC for a couple of weeks now and I am liking the results, apart from the tiredness (I work long hours so can't increase my sleep to compensate).

Yes, this is exactly how it is. I've just finished AM6 and I feel all over the place. I was great a week before I finished as well. I'm guessing it will settle down over time....

Thanks, I suppose it makes sense. The healing process in many physical diseases causes a worsening of symptoms, so it's probably true for psychological problems as well. I'm glad it only lasted an hour though, because it was pretty uncomfortable.
Resistance comes in different ways. Bursts of intense resistance can be one of those ways. It usually happens that way in response to achieving some goal of the program's that frightens some part of your subconscious and causes a short term push for control. Eventually, the fear generating programming will be overcome and it will stop.
(12-09-2014, 11:23 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Resistance comes in different ways. Bursts of intense resistance can be one of those ways. It usually happens that way in response to achieving some goal of the program's that frightens some part of your subconscious and causes a short term push for control. Eventually, the fear generating programming will be overcome and it will stop.

I'm wondering if the trigger for that particular episode was the fact that I was in a social/work situation and setting I hadn't been in since before I started ASC. Maybe old memories of how I used to be kicked in and frightened my subconscious until my new programming had overcome it?
I am listening to to a particular 4G sub...
Sometimes when I sleep I get a sudden shock in my body u know like.. Hypnic jerk and its really strong..is this some kind of fear being released? Anyone experienced this?
(01-01-2017, 02:48 PM)Zane Wrote: [ -> ]I am listening to to a particular 4G sub...
Sometimes when I sleep I get a sudden shock in my body u know like.. Hypnic jerk and its really strong..is this some kind of fear being released? Anyone experienced this?

You have that experience every time you fall asleep, to some degree. The only difference is that you are more conscious than usual when it happens recently. It happens to everyone as they fall asleep, though.