Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Ciccone Youth..what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We are very aware of a problem with many music players that are completely mis-labeling our tracks as "Silence" by "Ciccone Youth" due to their faulty automatic track naming. This has nothing to do with our subliminals, and we are working towards a solution. To show you this is not an isolated event, take a look at this youtube video of someone doing a frequency test and having windows media player rename their track.

Read the video dialogue part of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BRqpTaVQw

It's a test of 20Hz --> 16khz. If it turns to silence near the top of the test, don't worry, YouTube cuts off high frequencies it is not your speakers.
(09-18-2010, 01:13 PM)Andrew Wrote: [ -> ]We are very aware of a problem with many music players that are completely mis-labeling our tracks as "Silence" by "Ciccone Youth" due to their faulty automatic track naming. This has nothing to do with our subliminals, and we are working towards a solution. To show you this is not an isolated event, take a look at this youtube video of someone doing a frequency test and having windows media player rename their track.

Read the video dialogue part of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BRqpTaVQw

It's a test of 20Hz --> 16khz. If it turns to silence near the top of the test, don't worry, YouTube cuts off high frequencies it is not your speakers.

Exactly the question I have been pondering for some time now that and the "Whitey" album title I get-whatever?
I am glad you shed some light on this because it was annoying.
:idea: oops. I sent you guys an email yesterday? ish? But this was the question answered. Thanks xx
Maggie
Would this relabeling destroy the subliminal audio? I have been using the Zune software recently and it always labels the subs under the Whitey album by Ciccone Youth.
Vincent, it will not change the audio: it's just scrambling to fill in blanks in its database. I can't remember if this is an mp3 tagging issue or not.
If it is a tagging issue, I remember Shannon mentioned that the subliminal audio could be rendered useless. Nevertheless, I'll just go back to using VLC for my subs. Thanks for the reply Sean.
(03-19-2013, 06:36 AM)Vincent Wrote: [ -> ]If it is a tagging issue, I remember Shannon mentioned that the subliminal audio could be rendered useless. Nevertheless, I'll just go back to using VLC for my subs. Thanks for the reply Sean.

Oh! I just put that together!

After extensive research (OK, 2 minutes with google), I haven't found anything indicating that WMP compromises quality when there is a DRM conflict. That said, I can't prove a negative, and I'd like to see the evidence. I would not be surprised if he is right: he has a high degree of credibility in my book, and MS can commit some surprising jackassery.

I'm not a proponent of WMP: I have found VLC to be a far superior product and I think you'll have a better experience with it than WMP.
I remember, when I was researching DRM, that I read that WMP would intentionally degrade the quality of audio that it thought was being pirated - i.e., not digital rights managed. I have also had a number of reports that suggest this happens.

That MS would do such a thing is almost a certainty given their track record, but for the sake of fairness (which they doubtless deserve, right?) I cannot say I remember if it was all audio that was not DRM or just audio that Windows/WMP thought was pirated.

Regardless, there is no foolproof way to know if it's "legal", and anyone with half a brain has abandoned DRM for audio anyway. So that leaves us with... do you believe Microsoft has half a brain?
This reminds me though... In VLC Develop A More Feminine Voice is tagged as "0 3G" and has a graphic for "Stop Smoking Forever" displayed... All the other subs I've been using have been tagged properly and so forth. Is this just an oversight or is there something wrong with this sub?
That sounds bizzare. I don't embed graphics in them. It sounds like the tag was simply corrupt. What do you mean by a graphic?
OH! NVM! The album art is apparently randomly gotten off the internet by VLC when there isn't any officially assigned. I wonder if I can assign something that actually makes sense...
There are applications that can embed album covers into the tags of mp3's. I use EasyTag, but it is a Linux application.
(03-20-2013, 07:15 AM)Sean Wrote: [ -> ]There are applications that can embed album covers into the tags of mp3's. I use EasyTag, but it is a Linux application.

That's funny. EasyTag is what I use to do primary tagging, since I am running Linux except for a little bit of the time. I had no idea album covers could be embedded.
(03-21-2013, 04:37 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2013, 07:15 AM)Sean Wrote: [ -> ]There are applications that can embed album covers into the tags of mp3's. I use EasyTag, but it is a Linux application.

That's funny. EasyTag is what I use to do primary tagging, since I am running Linux except for a little bit of the time. I had no idea album covers could be embedded.

You'll notice in Easytag, there are tabs above the ID3 Tag window (3 o'clock position). One is "Common", the other is "Pictures". In this tab, you can embed the graphic that most mp3 players will display while playing the track.
Pages: 1 2