Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Download Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is to inform the admins that I am extremely dissatisfied of the downloads. I already reported this on my first purchase and now, i purchased another title (please see Order #4359), I downloaded the files but they are not the complete files, the file size are not near 68Mb, only 45-50Mb was downloaded. I tried again several times until my download limit has exceeded. I work as an IT guy in my workplace and I know that you are using a different download type, not the one that will tell you how much time is left and also not the one that will check if the file you have downloaded is corrupted or not. I do have good internet, no disconnection issues whatsoever. I was able to download files, even bigger size that 68Mb and had no issues. I have no error messages, I think your sever cuts the connection prematurely and that caused it. Right now I am frustrated that I bought something and got nothing, wasted my time downloading. Not even one file downloaded correctly this time. I already tried 3 browsers, already taken down my firewall and still the same. I already sent screenshots on the admins email. Downloading a file is just simple and I don't know why this has not been fixed yet. All my downloads from other sites are working. Can someone tell me what is going on?
(07-25-2012, 01:22 AM)redragon Wrote: [ -> ]This is to inform the admins that I am extremely dissatisfied of the downloads. I already reported this on my first purchase and now, i purchased another title (please see Order #4359), I downloaded the files but they are not the complete files, the file size are not near 68Mb, only 45-50Mb was downloaded. I tried again several times until my download limit has exceeded. I work as an IT guy in my workplace and I know that you are using a different download type, not the one that will tell you how much time is left and also not the one that will check if the file you have downloaded is corrupted or not. I do have good internet, no disconnection issues whatsoever. I was able to download files, even bigger size that 68Mb and had no issues. I have no error messages, I think your sever cuts the connection prematurely and that caused it. Right now I am frustrated that I bought something and got nothing, wasted my time downloading. Not even one file downloaded correctly this time. I already tried 3 browsers, already taken down my firewall and still the same. I already sent screenshots on the admins email. Downloading a file is just simple and I don't know why this has not been fixed yet. All my downloads from other sites are working. Can someone tell me what is going on?

As best I understand the situation... the problem has something to do with the store software we're using. If I am wrong, Andrew can correct me, as he's in charge of the IT. But we are aware of it, and we are planning to switch to a new system ASAP when he's back, which should be today or tomorrow. That should correct several issues we have been struggling with.

We'll make sure you get what you paid for. I apologize for your frustrating experience, that is certainly not our goal. When Andrew has returned, he should be able to find a solution for you.
(07-25-2012, 12:19 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2012, 01:22 AM)redragon Wrote: [ -> ]This is to inform the admins that I am extremely dissatisfied of the downloads. I already reported this on my first purchase and now, i purchased another title (please see Order #4359), I downloaded the files but they are not the complete files, the file size are not near 68Mb, only 45-50Mb was downloaded. I tried again several times until my download limit has exceeded. I work as an IT guy in my workplace and I know that you are using a different download type, not the one that will tell you how much time is left and also not the one that will check if the file you have downloaded is corrupted or not. I do have good internet, no disconnection issues whatsoever. I was able to download files, even bigger size that 68Mb and had no issues. I have no error messages, I think your sever cuts the connection prematurely and that caused it. Right now I am frustrated that I bought something and got nothing, wasted my time downloading. Not even one file downloaded correctly this time. I already tried 3 browsers, already taken down my firewall and still the same. I already sent screenshots on the admins email. Downloading a file is just simple and I don't know why this has not been fixed yet. All my downloads from other sites are working. Can someone tell me what is going on?

As best I understand the situation... the problem has something to do with the store software we're using. If I am wrong, Andrew can correct me, as he's in charge of the IT. But we are aware of it, and we are planning to switch to a new system ASAP when he's back, which should be today or tomorrow. That should correct several issues we have been struggling with.

We'll make sure you get what you paid for. I apologize for your frustrating experience, that is certainly not our goal. When Andrew has returned, he should be able to find a solution for you.

Thanks for all the help and Support Shannon. I hope these issues be resolved asap.
(07-25-2012, 04:59 PM)redragon Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the help and Support Shannon. I hope these issues be resolved asap.

Losing the progress bar was due to after implementation of Cloudfare, .htaccess was set to SetOutputFilter DEFLATE -PHP as well as other types which it shouldn't have as they never specified that on their services. I've since disabled it and the progress bar is back. Unfortunately I did not see this as I was leaving.

The download limits is somewhat of a mystery and probably bad coding on part of our store engine. I've applied some patches, but certain browsers (IE) seem to send multiple requests to the point where some users are experiencing getting blocked the first time they try to download it. Download accelerators also trip this switch.

I will talk to Shannon about either raising limits, or eliminating them and going back to expirations. Hopefully as we switch to Amazon S3 this will not be an issue.

As far as downloads disconnecting-if anyone experiences this again more than once let me know as I'm currently not able to replicate the issue. I will try limiting my download speed so that I can test downloads over longer periods of time and see if I get a disconnect.
I've fixed all the download issues, including any possibility for disconnects. Please let me know via PM if you experience any more issues. Please see my announcement.

I've set every order ever made to expire on August 10th via a mass change to our database, but they now have unlimited attempts.
I already responded to your email. Thanks for looking into this. I am planning to purchase more in the next few months and I hope that this will permanently fix the issue.