Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Speaker Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Shannon,

I was wondering if this set of speakers that I own would fit the ultrasonic requirements?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/alte...24819.aspx

I know you specified 20 Hz to 20 Khz, but this does not meet the 20 Hz range.

Please let me know. Thanks!
(04-29-2012, 05:15 PM)TimothyAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Shannon,

I was wondering if this set of speakers that I own would fit the ultrasonic requirements?
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/alte...24819.aspx

I know you specified 20 Hz to 20 Khz, but this does not meet the 20 Hz range.

Please let me know. Thanks!

The range of spec that is most important is the high end. Not all speakers can reproduce ultrasonic audio, which ranges from about 12 kHz to 20 kHz in the standard CD specs. Normal speech is about 350 Hz to about 4,500 Hz, IIRC, and all speakers need to be able to reproduce that.

Therefore, these speakers are sub-standard for reproducing the full range of CD recorded audio, but will work.
That's what I was afraid of. I'm having difficulty finding speakers that go from 20 Hz to 20 KHZ

Do you have a list of speakers that you personally use?
I use the highest end speakers possible to get on a Lenovo W520 laptop. That's all I use.

As long as the speakers go to 20 kHz on the high end, you should be alright.
Hi Shannon, I could not understand why these speakers are sub standard, I see the specs and the Frequency Response is 90Hz - 20kHz and you mentioned 12 kHz to 20 kHz is the standard for ultrasonic. Given the the lowest freq range is 90Hz and not 90kHz, i think this is ok. Need your inputs here.
Hi Shannon,

Can Apple EarPods (5Hz to 21KHz) be used to listen to 3G Ultrasonic versions? Or should earphone be used only for masked versions ?
Kindly advice.

Thanks
Ilango S
(10-21-2013, 12:59 AM)mailtoilan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon,

Can Apple EarPods (5Hz to 21KHz) be used to listen to 3G Ultrasonic versions? Or should earphone be used only for masked versions ?
Kindly advice.

Thanks
Ilango S

hey,
earphones should be used for the masked versions only as you might fumble up the volume on the ultrasonics which could in turn be damaging to your ears.

Ultrasonics should be used only on the speakers. You should use the masked versions on the speakers to find out the ideal volume for you and then switch to the ultrasonics just to make sure you don't get your ears damaged in the long run.