The Astrology Thread
01-04-2016, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2016 04:25 PM by Benjamin.)
The new astrology thread
So I have been there and I am sure many of you, too. We all experience bad luck. My particular bad luck was struggling with jobs. I bounced from job to job and everytime I think I tried to do my best to succeed, I instead failed and got fired or threatened of being fired.......in comparison my sister is an RN and had this profession for an established 20 years or so. I never had a career in contrast, I had a major, I got my degree yet didnt do nothing with it.

Is this just bad luck, a curse that doesnt seem to break or....(here comes the point of this post).....is it your subconscious that you accidentally tapped into programming you to fail all the time and it "obeys" to you to fail and you unknowingly are manifesting such bad luck in your life.....perhaps this is what my dilemma is as I am sures yours with your own situations.....if the subliminal can be reprogrammed to "succeed" in career, jobs, sports, acting, you name it, then we can live successfully without letting failure control our life.....this is why many of Shannon's subs are made to make you happy and successful.

What do you guys think?

Exclamation
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 01:42 AM by Alpha360.)
RE: bad luck in life....a curse or something else?
If you ask this question in the astrology thread I will help you understand why.
I may come up with something to help you.

About sub it's supposed to do that but remember there are not magic, depending on your problem they may take a few years to kick in.

PS: you should change your signature, positive message are better.

The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.
Only the madman is absolutely sure. Robert Anton Wilson
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha360's post:
AriGold
01-04-2016, 04:57 AM
F*ck astrology. You are probably doing something that you think is normal but other people find off-putting. Try to see what YOU did each time you got fired or threatened and you'll most likely find a pattern.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SargeMaximus's post:
Nox
01-04-2016, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 05:38 AM by Nox.)
I agree with SargeMaximus. ALWAYS find what you did wrong before finding faults in others or in situations. This sounds negative but it will get you further than anything if you take the message to heart. It isn't about blame or punishment, it is about accountability and fixing issues. If you can be happy and accountable at the same time, you will be better off than most people on this planet lol. In this case consider this... you are treating your subconscious like someone else to blame. Instead of blaming, think of what you did wrong in a situation and then take active steps to correct that. If subs are part of the solution then you're on the right track. If you're unable to fix something without subs then you're on the wrong one. There are always multiple options my friend.

Edit: just wanted to add that I find astrology can be very useful, but useful like the yiching. Extremely helpful and enlightening to discover new facets and angles to situations and events, but never something to solely base your decisions on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nox's post:
SargeMaximus
01-04-2016, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 05:38 AM by LeonidasXVI.)
A curse?

01-04-2016, 05:46 AM
I agree with Alpha360. Get the negative stuff out of your life and replace it with positive stuff.
That signature might not be the greatest help to accomplish your dreams Wink
01-04-2016, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 07:32 AM by Alpha360.)
(01-04-2016 04:57 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  F*ck astrology. You are probably doing something that you think is normal but other people find off-putting. Try to see what YOU did each time you got fired or threatened and you'll most likely find a pattern.

I didn't know you became so respectful SargeMaximus Tongue (ironic)

As to how to find what he is doing wrong astrology can do that very easily, at least most of the time.
I was doing the same thing but a bit less extreme than him and I find out why I was doing that.
Now thanks to that I don't really care about it because it is actually a positive part of my personality.

I realized a lot of stupid thing I was doing thanks to astrology.

The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.
aliciayost1235
01-04-2016, 09:06 AM
(01-04-2016 07:30 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 04:57 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  F*ck astrology. You are probably doing something that you think is normal but other people find off-putting. Try to see what YOU did each time you got fired or threatened and you'll most likely find a pattern.

I didn't know you became so respectful SargeMaximus Tongue (ironic)

As to how to find what he is doing wrong astrology can do that very easily, at least most of the time.
I was doing the same thing but a bit less extreme than him and I find out why I was doing that.
Now thanks to that I don't really care about it because it is actually a positive part of my personality.

I realized a lot of stupid thing I was doing thanks to astrology.

It's not about respect or disrespect, it's simply about usefulness. For me, astrology/zodiacs/conspiracies all that stuff takes ME out of power and out of control. Meaning that I'm such and such a way because of my birthday or some BS. This, to me, is not empowering and makes it very hard to change.

More useful has been reading about neuroplasticity (Look up "The Brain that Changed Itself") and how the brain, personality, and indeed, what we know as the "Self" can CHANGE if we want it to. Once I realized that I was in heaven. No longer a victim.

Astrology etc is all victim mentality imo.
01-04-2016, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 10:18 AM by Alpha360.)
I understand that, I faced that same problem. But in astrology not everything is fated, there are things you can change. If astrology was fate only I wouldn't want to learn it. And if everything was fated in astrology then it would be false, astrology would be irrelevant to me. Or less useful.

One reason I learn astrology is because I want to use so it so I can improve myself. Exactly like with subliminal.

Your concern at best come from ignorance and at worst from fear. Or both.
Astrology is difficult to learn because you can see yourself in it, you can see your problem and it's not easy to deal with it. It's like someone telling you, you act a certain way, it can hurt sometimes.
I think I still have some fear related to that when I'm learning new thing in astrology. I also prefer to read others than my own astrology because it's much easier to see other problem than mine.

But I think I already told you that, you don't want to hear it, it's fine with me. But don't say "f** it".

I went through the same thing at first. I thought the more I learn astrology the more I would be prone to fate. I think that behavior comes from fear. Fear that you won't be able to change or fear that you will learn something crazy about yourself. Or learn that you are stuck.
I'm like you I don't want to learn that I'm stuck and if astrology teach me that I won't like it either.

What I have experienced until now is that the more I learn astrology the more I'm able to realize my problem and change them. The more I know I act a certain way in some situation the more I'm able to change it. I also blame others for my own behavior less due to that and I know when someone is behaving badly because I know much more easily who they are.

AriGold
01-04-2016, 10:42 AM
(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  I understand that, I faced that same problem. But in astrology not everything is fated, there are things you can change. If astrology was fate only I wouldn't want to learn it. And if everything was fated in astrology then it would be false, astrology would be irrelevant to me. Or less useful.

One reason I learn astrology is because I want to use so it so I can improve myself. Exactly like with subliminal.

I see it as using a different tool. I use mindfulness, self-analysis, stuff like that. I don't need astrology to know something I do didn't serve my purposes, nor do I need it to know when I did something that has.

(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  Astrology is difficult to learn because you can see yourself in it, you can see your problem and it's not easy to deal with it. It's like someone telling you, you act a certain way, it can hurt sometimes.
I think I still have some fear related to that when I'm learning new thing in astrology. I also prefer to read others than my own astrology because it's much easier to see other problem than mine.

I actually prefer to focus on my own problems. It's only through that can I offer assistance to people in similar situations. Plus, focusing on someone else's problems won't help me overcome my own.

(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  But I think I already told you that, you don't want to hear it, it's fine with me. But don't say "f** it".

I have no idea what you're talking about here. You gave me some astrology opinions a while ago. I didn't take it as fact, that's why I say "F*ck it".

(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  I went through the same thing at first. I thought the more I learn astrology the more I would be prone to fate. I think that behavior comes from fear. Fear that you won't be able to change or fear that you will learn something crazy about yourself. Or learn that you are stuck.
I'm like you I don't want to learn that I'm stuck and if astrology teach me that I won't like it either.

What I have experienced until now is that the more I learn astrology the more I'm able to realize my problem and change them. The more I know I act a certain way in some situation the more I'm able to change it. I also blame others for my own behavior less due to that and I know when someone is behaving badly because I know much more easily who they are.

If it works for you, great, but imo, it's the wrong path to follow. It's just not scientific enough. I mean, do I have X problem because of my star sign? If so, HOW on earth can I change that? It's kind of daunting, whereas if I have X problem because I have a predisposition to act that way, I can easily recognize it through mindfulness, and correct the behavior before it manifests.
01-04-2016, 11:20 AM
(01-04-2016 10:42 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  I understand that, I faced that same problem. But in astrology not everything is fated, there are things you can change. If astrology was fate only I wouldn't want to learn it. And if everything was fated in astrology then it would be false, astrology would be irrelevant to me. Or less useful.

I see it as using a different tool. I use mindfulness, self-analysis, stuff like that. I don't need astrology to know something I do didn't serve my purposes, nor do I need it to know when I did something that has.

I'm okay with that, astrology is not for everyone obviously

(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  Astrology is difficult to learn because you can see yourself in it, you can see your problem and it's not easy to deal with it. It's like someone telling you, you act a certain way, it can hurt sometimes.

I actually prefer to focus on my own problems. It's only through that can I offer assistance to people in similar situations. Plus, focusing on someone else's problems won't help me overcome my own.

There are pattern in astrology, the more you know about the different pattern, the more you learn how the world works, how people works and as results you get better in life. Some people has similar pattern as you. I know Catman has one similar to mine. I know you have a pattern similar to Benjamin. Knowing that is some useful information.

(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  But I think I already told you that, you don't want to hear it, it's fine with me. But don't say "f** it".

I have no idea what you're talking about here. You gave me some astrology opinions a while ago. I didn't take it as fact, that's why I say "F*ck it".

No you shouldn't take it as a fact but as an opinion like you said, and you saying fu* astrology is to me someone not respecting my opinion, and not respecting people who learn astrology.

(01-04-2016 10:04 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  I went through the same thing at first. I thought the more I learn astrology the more I would be prone to fate. I think that behavior comes from fear. Fear that you won't be able to change or fear that you will learn something crazy about yourself. Or learn that you are stuck.

If it works for you, great, but imo, it's the wrong path to follow. It's just not scientific enough. I mean, do I have X problem because of my star sign? If so, HOW on earth can I change that? It's kind of daunting, whereas if I have X problem because I have a predisposition to act that way, I can easily recognize it through mindfulness, and correct the behavior before it manifests.
People doesn't know why astrology works mostly, we simply observe that it works. We can't prove most science anyway. Can you prove why hypnosis works? Can you prove why subliminal works.
When Richard Bandler first discovered/invented NLP he followed what worked not what is scientific.

There are theory however, but there are theory not proof, mainly about light from the star influencing us. But as of now I don't think we can prove anything about that. Like Shannon can't prove that his subliminal works through double blind test and other crazy stuff.

When I first learn astrology, I didn't ask myself if it was scientific or not. The first question was whether it works or not. Through repeated test I concluded that it worked like subliminal worked for me. Then we can try to understand why but it's harder to do.

The most obvious thing you can observe is the full moon and realize that people behave differently when there is a full moon. No they don't shape shift into werewolf unfortunately.
You can observe that the moon influence a lot things on earth, plant growth, the sea level, women, etc.

It is scientific? I don't really care. Why it works? I don't know.

As of know I don't know any tools that is as accurate and easy to use to understand someone personality. So I use astrology due to that. If you find a better tool I'm open to it.

aliciayost1235
01-04-2016, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 11:52 AM by SargeMaximus.)
(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  There are pattern in astrology, the more you know about the different pattern, the more you learn how the world works, how people works and as results you get better in life. Some people has similar pattern as you. I know Catman has one similar to mine. I know you have a pattern similar to Benjamin. Knowing that is some useful information.

If that's true, I'd expect you and most people who follow astrology to be VERY successful in life.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  No you shouldn't take it as a fact but as an opinion like you said, and you saying fu* astrology is to me someone not respecting my opinion, and not respecting people who learn astrology.

No comment. See below.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  People doesn't know why astrology works mostly, we simply observe that it works. We can't prove most science anyway. Can you prove why hypnosis works? Can you prove why subliminal works.
When Richard Bandler first discovered/invented NLP he followed what worked not what is scientific.

I'm all for following what works, but astrology doesn't work for me. I'm sure you can see all my patterns and shit, but I wonder at the wisdom of a method that can easily find fault in others, but not so easily in ourselves. I also don't believe you can know the why and how of me, when you haven't lived my life. Just looking up stars and shit to find some generalizations that work for anybody is hardly useful.

To prove my point, give me a pattern from someone who is born in September (or some other unrelated sign, I was born in march so give me one that has nothing to do with march) and I'll give you a story from my life that works.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found one. I picked it at random, and here it is:

- Duplicitous. Definitely me. I've described myself as "Mature and focused, yet childish and open to po9ssibilities/ having the goals of an adult but the mind of a 5 year old"

- Always looking for the next best thing in whatever they do. Yes, totally. I wrote as much in a recent post in my journal in the men's section..

- Love to play with words. Yep. In fact, I recently had an argument with my cousin over his word use. He said the words he and I used meant the same thing in the context, I strongly disagreed. I also like to make self-amusement by playing with words. Most people miss it, but I don't. Smile

I'll stop there as it looks like I'll have a lot in common with Gemini people, and don't want to keep typing.
But there you have it. I'm a gemini who was born in march. Rolleyes

Astrology is Rorschach blots, that's how it works.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  There are theory however, but there are theory not proof, mainly about light from the star influencing us. But as of now I don't think we can prove anything about that. Like Shannon can't prove that his subliminal works through double blind test and other crazy stuff.

When I first learn astrology, I didn't ask myself if it was scientific or not. The first question was whether it works or not. Through repeated test I concluded that it worked like subliminal worked for me. Then we can try to understand why but it's harder to do.

The most obvious thing you can observe is the full moon and realize that people behave differently when there is a full moon. No they don't shape shift into werewolf unfortunately.

Yeah that would be cool. Tongue I've never acted differently during a full moon myself, nor seen any strange behavior. My mom used to work in a school and she told me kids always acted differently during a full moon, but I've never noticed to be fair.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  You can observe that the moon influence a lot things on earth, plant growth, the sea level, women, etc.

As of know I don't know any tools that is as accurate and easy to use to understand someone personality. So I use astrology due to that. If you find a better tool I'm open to it.

Like I said, mindfullness and neuroplasticity.

There is NO personality once you begin to consciously alter your mind through these things. Neuroplasticity shows us that people's brains change to meet challenges, such as a person who had only half a brain which re-wired itself to operate as a full brain. There's also another article I read in which someone with multiple personalities could only see when acting as a few of their personalities, but was blind when acting as the others. Shit like that.

Not to mention that you can train yourself to be conditioned to a new set of things like with pavlov's dog. Tony Robbins goes deep into this, he's a good tool as well and understands it a lot better than anyone I've come across.

You also have the added bonus of being in control of your destiny with these tools. They are also very simple, so you can apply the "KISS" principle to your self-development.
01-04-2016, 11:48 AM
(01-04-2016 01:36 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  If you ask this question in the astrology thread I will help you understand why.
I may come up with something to help you.

About sub it's supposed to do that but remember there are not magic, depending on your problem they may take a few years to kick in.

PS: you should change your signature, positive message are better.

lol 1. i didnt know there was an astrology thread or that such post should go there;

2. the signature was for "funny sense of humor" tone.......but I feel you.
01-04-2016, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 12:02 PM by hiddenalias.)
(01-04-2016 05:31 AM)Nox Wrote:  I agree with SargeMaximus. ALWAYS find what you did wrong before finding faults in others or in situations. This sounds negative but it will get you further than anything if you take the message to heart. It isn't about blame or punishment, it is about accountability and fixing issues. If you can be happy and accountable at the same time, you will be better off than most people on this planet lol. In this case consider this... you are treating your subconscious like someone else to blame. Instead of blaming, think of what you did wrong in a situation and then take active steps to correct that. If subs are part of the solution then you're on the right track. If you're unable to fix something without subs then you're on the wrong one. There are always multiple options my friend.

Edit: just wanted to add that I find astrology can be very useful, but useful like the yiching. Extremely helpful and enlightening to discover new facets and angles to situations and events, but never something to solely base your decisions on.

Naaa I dont find astrology much important right now; with me is either subs or beats that do brain entrainment (and maybe but not important NLP)

My situation is not me "doing anything wrong" per se, in fact I did everything right, I am a "good polite gentleman" to others, this is not actions that causes bad results; this is more about "cognitive issues" that are overseen as errors and not knowing how to "follow directions" my whole career is a mix of personality connection issues/being a hermit/no social skills (with my social anxiety) GOING TO USE AM 6, OF, EPHRA, WM FOR THIS

and with the brain dysfunction of cognitive impairment USING MLS 5G FOR THIS......these 2 traits are my well knowingly patterns that have come about in every job situation I've held......

Why do I know this? well becuz it's me, and no one knows the issue of that person but himself cuz hes lived it; same with psychotherapists treating clients; these pros dont know diddly squat about the other person jsut cuz they are in the field....

Now I know i've already asked the question so why ask if I already knew this?? just to confirm my beliefs that indeed it is the sub that totally decides your fate whether you willingly request it or not...

another clarification - i am not treating my subconscious as it is doing wrong; remember subconscious only picks up what you ask for it wheter willingly or not and it will act out accordingly like a 'robot'. bad luck we produce in life we are doing just that -- acting toward it sees "okay what you say must be a good request after all you are requesting it" there is no common sense with subconscious, it just DOES what you tell it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hiddenalias's post:
SargeMaximus
01-04-2016, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 12:42 PM by Alpha360.)
(01-04-2016 11:42 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  There are pattern in astrology, the more you know about the different pattern, the more you learn how the world works, how people works and as results you get better in life. Some people has similar pattern as you. I know Catman has one similar to mine. I know you have a pattern similar to Benjamin. Knowing that is some useful information.
(01-04-2016 11:42 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote:  If that's true, I'd expect you and most people who follow astrology to be VERY successful in life.
If they use correctly it's a possibility. I won't name people who are successful and used astrology though. I know that some very smart people used it. That's the main reason I was curious about it.
(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  No you shouldn't take it as a fact but as an opinion like you said, and you saying fu* astrology is to me someone not respecting my opinion, and not respecting people who learn astrology.

No comment. See below.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  People doesn't know why astrology works mostly, we simply observe that it works. We can't prove most science anyway. Can you prove why hypnosis works? Can you prove why subliminal works.

I'm all for following what works, but astrology doesn't work for me. I'm sure you can see all my patterns and shit, but I wonder at the wisdom of a method that can easily find fault in others, but not so easily in ourselves. I also don't believe you can know the why and how of me, when you haven't lived my life. Just looking up stars and shit to find some generalizations that work for anybody is hardly useful.

To prove my point, give me a pattern from someone who is born in September (or some other unrelated sign, I was born in march so give me one that has nothing to do with march) and I'll give you a story from my life that works.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found one. I picked it at random, and here it is:

- Duplicitous. Definitely me. I've described myself as "Mature and focused, yet childish and open to po9ssibilities/ having the goals of an adult but the mind of a 5 year old"

- Always looking for the next best thing in whatever they do. Yes, totally. I wrote as much in a recent post in my journal in the men's section..

- Love to play with words. Yep. In fact, I recently had an argument with my cousin over his word use. He said the words he and I used meant the same thing in the context, I strongly disagreed. I also like to make self-amusement by playing with words. Most people miss it, but I don't. Smile

I'll stop there as it looks like I'll have a lot in common with Gemini people, and don't want to keep typing.
But there you have it. I'm a gemini who was born in march. Rolleyes

Astrology is Rorschach blots, that's how it works.
Astrology is not about just one sign and then it pops out and you find your answer. If it is was that I wouldn't have spent one year studying it.
If it would be that easy to prove that astrology doesn't work I would have done it already.

One sign just tell maybe 1% percent about someone personality. So you could very well identify with a Gemini personality or any other sign for that matter. For example if you have your moon or ascendant in Gemini it would easy to identify with that sign.

There are at least 50 factor in someone chart in astrology. Relying on only one sign is ignorant.

For example Will Smith is Sun in Libra, that is supposed to be the weakest sign for the sun. So he is supposed to be timid, shy but he isn't. That doesn't prove that astrology doesn't work. At best it shows that the guys who said that doesn't know how astrology works. And I still fall into that category because I still don't understand very well how that guy can be so successful with his Sun in Libra. But I doesn't know the guy very well anyway. They are certainly some factor that I don't know yet that contradict the first point and make him confident.

But as a general rule just like men are generally more prone to be dominant than females. You will notice that people who are Sun Libra are generally less confident and people who are Sun Aries are more confident. You will find also that Sun Aries people are generally better with woman as a result. But it doesn't means all guys with Sun in Aries will be. For example if his Sun is conjunct Saturn he won't be as confident, he will have a lot of doubts, fear, etc.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  There are theory however, but there are theory not proof, mainly about light from the star influencing us. But as of now I don't think we can prove anything about that. Like Shannon can't prove that his subliminal works through double blind test and other crazy stuff.

Yeah that would be cool. Tongue I've never acted differently during a full moon myself, nor seen any strange behavior. My mom used to work in a school and she told me kids always acted differently during a full moon, but I've never noticed to be fair.

(01-04-2016 11:20 AM)Alpha360 Wrote:  You can observe that the moon influence a lot things on earth, plant growth, the sea level, women, etc.

Like I said, mindfullness and neuroplasticity.

There is NO personality once you begin to consciously alter your mind through these things. Neuroplasticity shows us that people's brains change to meet challenges, such as a person who had only half a brain which re-wired itself to operate as a full brain. There's also another article I read in which someone with multiple personalities could only see when acting as a few of their personalities, but was blind when acting as the others. Shit like that.

Not to mention that you can train yourself to be conditioned to a new set of things like with pavlov's dog. Tony Robbins goes deep into this, he's a good tool as well and understands it a lot better than anyone I've come across.

You also have the added bonus of being in control of your destiny with these tools. They are also very simple, so you can apply the "KISS" principle to your self-development.

As far as I know it seems a bit like hypnosis. People can change personality to some extent. How much I don't know yet.
But I didn't read all that yet. When I was into hypnosis I noticed there are like hundred of tools that are similar to it. It's just endless renaming, some minor improvement, or different technique that do the same thing in a different way. Sometimes it's more effective, sometimes it's not.

About this I don't know I didn't learn them so I don't know, I can't prove them wrong or right. I just stay open to it.

Mr. Anderson
01-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Astrology on a deeper level is the study of you. It shows our dispositions and what our natural talents and flaws are. It is the representation of the archetypal concious where we have all the archetypal energies in us and astrology shows us how we have sorted them. You have free will and you can change your chart but it is in no way meant to be a victim mentality thing even though some people may take it that way. Also you need to understand that universal law states as above so below and as within so without. The planets are a reflection of you and you are a reflection of the planets. Just like your world is a reflection of your internal mind. And yes it is scientific. Just how the moon corresponds to the female and her cycle. The moon also represents your unconscious which was ruled by your mom
because she was the closest to you in your youth.

E2 Start Date: March 6th 2016
E2 End Date: November 1st 2017

UD Start Date: October 15 2017
UD End date: July 1st 2019

INTJ 4w5
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daredevil's post:
Alpha360
01-04-2016, 01:07 PM
(01-04-2016 12:33 PM)Alpha360 Wrote:  Astrology is not about just one sign and then it pops out and you find your answer. If it is was that I wouldn't have spent one year studying it.
If it would be that easy to prove that astrology doesn't work I would have done it already.

One sign just tell maybe 1% percent about someone personality. So you could very well identify with a Gemini personality or any other sign for that matter. For example if you have your moon or ascendant in Gemini it would easy to identify with that sign.

There are at least 50 factor in someone chart in astrology. Relying on only one sign is ignorant.

For example Will Smith is Sun in Libra, that is supposed to be the weakest sign for the sun. So he is supposed to be timid, shy but he isn't. That doesn't prove that astrology doesn't work. At best it shows that the guys who said that doesn't know how astrology works. And I still fall into that category because I still don't understand very well how that guy can be so successful with his Sun in Libra. But I doesn't know the guy very well anyway. They are certainly some factor that I don't know yet that contradict the first point and make him confident.

But as a general rule just like men are generally more prone to be dominant than females. You will notice that people who are Sun Libra are generally less confident and people who are Sun Aries are more confident. You will find also that Sun Aries people are generally better with woman as a result. But it doesn't means all guys with Sun in Aries will be. For example if his Sun is conjunct Saturn he won't be as confident, he will have a lot of doubts, fear, etc.

It's prolly because he made his own choices in life. This is exactly what I mean. If astrology is true, it's only as true as you let it. For example, if I'm a libra and read that I'm timid, I may look back on my life and be like "hey, you know what? I AM timid!" but by doing so, I'm DECIDING who I am. I think once we have awareness, we can CHOOSE what we want from that point forward.

I have no doubt that at some point Will Smith DECIDED he wanted to be confident, and became confident.

This is what I mean by victim mentality. Astrology is made irrelevant if you look it in the face and say "F*ck you, I'll be who I want!" instead of cede to whatever it paints you as.

IF astrology is a thing (and I don't think it is anyhow), even then it's irrelevant because we CHOOSE who we want to be and are NOT a victim of ourselves.

At every moment we choose. Astrology just puts that on auto pilot and tells us it's because of this or that but it's NOT. It's a choice. As an experiment, see if you can go the whole day doing things you don't normally do. If you eat at home, eat out. If you normally smile, frown, if you normally meditate, play video games, if you normally use your right hand for everything, use your left. What you need to do is free yourself from the belief that you are a certain way, by simply doing different things. Once you realize that, you will soon realize you can do anything. And once you realize that, the question becomes "what do I WANT to be?"

(01-04-2016 12:33 PM)Alpha360 Wrote:  As far as I know it seems a bit like hypnosis. People can change personality to some extent. How much I don't know yet.
But I didn't read all that yet. When I was into hypnosis I noticed there are like hundred of tools that are similar to it. It's just endless renaming, some minor improvement, or different technique that do the same thing in a different way. Sometimes it's more effective, sometimes it's not.

About this I don't know I didn't learn them so I don't know, I can't prove them wrong or right. I just stay open to it.

Well if you ever want to learn, look into Tony Robbins. He gets down to the bare bones of it.
01-04-2016, 03:19 PM
First spirits.. now a curse.. are you serious?

And lets keep astrology to the astrology thread, similar to the religion thread. Or I can rename this as the other one is pretty old.
01-04-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: The new astrology thread
(01-04-2016 03:19 PM)Benjamin Wrote:  First spirits.. now a curse.. are you serious?

Did the spirits curse him, or did the curse bring the spirits? DUN DUN DUN
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nox's post:
SargeMaximus
01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: The new astrology thread
Sarge, I think it would be simpler if you tell us you don't want to learn astrology rather than telling us he doesn't work for you or for other people or that it's not scientific, or any other argument that you can't prove. Which by the way is not scientific also.
Let just say you don't know because you didn't learn it, like I didn't learn your tools.

Otherwise it's like saying subliminal doesn't work because you use only a poorly scripted one so it's completely normal that it doesn't work. The same is true for astrology, it won't work if you use it incorrectly. You can't assume astrology doesn't work by looking at a YouTube video for 5 min or even a day. There are guys who learn astrology for 30 years and they still don't know all of it.

Astrology never told you directly that you are a incompetent or anything bad. People told you something about you using astrology or you assumed astrology told you that. You assumed that everything is fated in astrology, you assumed a lot of thing which from what I observed doesn't seem true.
So Astrology doesn't put you in auto pilot. Your reaction does it. You are the one that thinks astrology put you in auto pilot. If you think astrology don't put you in auto pilot then it won't. Simple as that.

If I take Tony Robbins or any expert like Richard bandler I will certainly see that astrology still influence them. In the case of Richard bandler I already look at it and indeed I can see the character he has. So even with all his knowledge about hypnosis and what he did on himself, someone can still use astrology and find what kind of guy he is without even meeting him.
There are tons of example like that, Shannon too didn't changed completely even with all his years of subliminal.

What I observed until now is that we can change certain thing in our life but not all of it, at least I didn't see it yet, maybe it's possible I don't know, but it's certainly not a common thing.