Strumming my Brain with MLS 3.0 Journal
08-19-2017, 08:58 PM
RE: Strumming my Brain with MLS 3.0 Journal
I left the track run through the day, and I definitely got more than 4 loops today. I'm a little tired.

The second song I recorded sounds like garbage after the fact. I won't use it.

I will have to figure out some other songs and either record them now, or wait until Wednesday or Thursday to do them.

Alpha Male 5.0 Journal / Sex Magnet 3.0 Journal
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm posting a lot (partially procrastinating, partially not certain of what to do with my spare time).

I should refresh my own memory about the things I would like to leverage MLS towards:

i) Clinical nutrition
ii) Guitar playing
iii) Singing
iv) Video and audio editing
v) YouTube channel growing
vi) Acting
vii) Marketing and money-making
viii) Politics, economics, and history
ix) German (refresher)
x) Spanish (refresher)
xi) Italian (refresher)
xii) New language (Russian or Arabic)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ampersnd's post:
Zane
08-20-2017, 07:40 AM
What kind of music are you making? Genre-wise?
08-20-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm open to Americana, Blues, Folk/Country, Rock, Pop, and Big Band. I've written songs that are a blend of these things.

============

On a journal note, I feel like I'm waiting for something to happen; I'm not driven to do anything in particular. Right now, I'm about killing time until bedtime, at which my work week begins. I even went for a walk (extremely rare for me).

It's as related to learning as it is to business. So, I hope that it's resistance.

RTBoss
08-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Day 9,

Lots of sleep due to overplaying MLS. About 9 1/2 hours. I've definitely overplayed it today as well. I'm going to bed soon.

I've got a game plan for this coming week; I will create a mini-video series for guitar players, and use Facebook Ads to gain leads. This video series should be relatively easy to record and produce, with minimal editing if I can prepare properly. I can start this process as soon as Thursday, but I can spend this week preparing for it.

I've spent part of this weekend learning about Facebook ads, and I can leverage small amounts of money to get leads.

08-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Day 10,

I'm having similar effects, but I think that they're a little sharper and more obvious than before.
Most of what I look at sticks for a couple of minutes. I remember the hotel where my parents are staying just by looking at their itinerary for 0.5 seconds, and I remember the address, even one hour after the fact.

My parents visited tonight, so I didn't do a whole lot after work. I'm leaving before 7am tomorrow morning.

I will spend a few minutes tonight creating a more precise outline for my videos.

Travis
08-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Day 11,

My work week doesn't feel like work. I do an easy first day, then I do a mini 'work trip' for two days. Then, I'll be working another easy work day on Thursday, and the work week is done.

I find myself listening to a lot of singing tutorials and live performances. I spent my evening outlining the mini-series (at lesson 7 of 10), and practiced Spanish.

08-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Day 12,

I stayed the night at the on-site location last night. Got to work very early today. I got home at around 6:30, and did a large part of my chores this evening. It makes more sense to squeeze in my chores during the work week to have more time during the weekend.

I outlined the rest of the course. Once I redo some final tempos, I'll be able to record, as long as my setup is good. I might be able to knock it off tomorrow entirely.

I practiced Italian today; I can full-out understand the meaning of a paragraph if I know all of the words, even by a native speaker at full speed and without deliberate enunciation. But, I have to listen with the text. My reading skill is a couple of notches below my native French reading skill, but not near my English; with English, I've developed this ability to scan paragraphs and find the portions that I need to read. This has gone on before downloading this version of MLS.

08-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Day 13,

Oof. I had a pretty productive work day today; knocked off a lot of residents off of my queue. Two days ago, I found out that I had to come in on Thursday and remove 4 pages of referrals x 25/page. I got it down to just over 1 page, with extra work done. My brain was working pretty quickly, I would say.

I went home and tried to record my mini-series. The promo video was very good, but then I sat down to do the main video, and my brain would not work; my fingers acted dumb, I couldn't think of anything creative, and it was a major flop, and very disappointing. I can feel my brain being non-creative and non-synthetic; I can only focus on one thing at a time right now.

I'll mix-down the promo video and re-do the rest, most likely tomorrow.

08-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Never mind, my promo was shit, too.

08-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Day 14,

I probably got 5 loops today. It was a cheat day today. I did almost **** all today, except for reviewing some policy stuff with my work. Then, I went to a first voice lesson with a baritone who's performed at the METropolitan in NYC. It was mostly talking, a couple of exercises. I think he's getting a vibe. Then, I went for sushi on my own. I struck up a conversation with the table next to me, a man, his son, and two women. They've all probably got a decade and a half on me. But the conversation was very easy, and they were very nice. They found out that I was in the new city on my own, and they invited me to his house to hang out by the pool. It was so nonchalant that I wasn't on guard. And I was right. It was a very nice, easygoing night. He'll make a good friend.

Then, I practiced guitar for the rest of the night; I'm immeasurably better compared to my on-camera performance last night. But, then I jerked off twice consecutively. So who knows how I'll be affected tomorrow.

Travis
08-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Day 15,

I'm being very lazy when it comes to building my business and my brand, but I spent some time doing languages, going for a run (which is unlike me), cooking, and tons of guitar practice. I think I'll work on the free mini-series tomorrow; my guitar playing has gotten much better since Thursday; I've been practicing with a metronome non-stop since yesterday.

08-27-2017, 07:54 AM
I think I'm learning an important lesson here; play one extra loop of MLS, add one extra hour of sleep.

08-27-2017, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2017 12:22 PM by Ampersnd.)
Ugh, I just feel stuck to my computer. I don't feel like doing anything worthwhile.
Just took an IQ test, and scored lower than I did 2 years ago. FML.

08-27-2017, 12:26 PM
(08-27-2017 12:22 PM)Ampersnd Wrote:  Ugh, I just feel stuck to my computer. I don't feel like doing anything worthwhile.
Just took an IQ test, and scored lower than I did 2 years ago. FML.

Same. Just stuck on my mobile.

“I'll Take a Nightmare That's Real Over a Dream That's a Lie"-Sarah
08-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Stage 16,

Just became productive as of 5:30 pm today. I filmed the entire mini-series and created the sequences on Premiere Pro, as well as pre-rendered, in which it will be ready for easy editing and exporting. It should tomorrow to do it.

I should jump into bed very soon. I have to wake up in 6 hours.

08-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Day 17,

Slept poorly; did poorly at work. I'm lazy as ****. I properly edited 2 of 12 videos. Premiere's audio crashes whenever I play YouTube alongside it. It took me a little while to figure out this causal link. And so, I was floundering. I think that I have to make a decision between YouTube and productivity... In fairness, the software slows right up whenever there is text added to the video.

I'll have the time tomorrow, so let's knock a few more of these badboys, and ultimately get it done before the weekend.

I'll likely be working all day on Friday, which sucks, but I'll be getting an extra xxx $ this week/month, so that's good.

It have to snooze a little sooner than most other days. I have to wake up in just under 8 hours, so let's get to bed.

08-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Day 18,

Did pretty well at work today. Got caught up with the few cases they had, and then I spent the rest of the day working on referrals. I got it down from 27 to 4, but there were multiples, and some had passed away, so it wasn't purely a function of hard work.

I've finished editing all but 1 video (11 down). I can either do it tomorrow, or dig into my sleep. Maybe not.

08-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Day 19,

Woke up at 6am. On the road at 7am. Got to work at 8am. Worked until 4:40 pm, got to my singing lesson. My teacher invited me to have supper with him and his spouse. I finally got home at 9:15 pm.

Finally got the 12 videos edited and ready. They've been queued for export, and are not rendering one-by-one. I can leave it overnight. I can probably set up the system and have it on autopilot during the weekend.

09-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Day 21,

First weekend day; spent the morning on a conference call about ways to improve my work on the charting/coding software we use.
It's weird that I'm not stressed about work; I just go in and do it.

I've got many goals that require various degrees of commitments at any given day; I think I'll need to scale back the number of on-going goals (my number of goals expanded a week or so into this program).

I might have an angle for my singing; I think that I've been 'opening' the back of throat to some degree; but I've been holding it back around the passaggio. I think that I can open up even more, but I need to coordinate breath. I've also figured that I need to engage breath support AND feel the movement of breath. I hadn't worked on the second part. Using this; I could struggle at the passaggio, but hit B flat in an easy, easy way that sounded chesty, but was head dominant. I just need to practice support the right way.

I finished my mini-course, and finished creating extra resources. Udemy is reviewing the course now. If it does marginally well, I'll bring back my LeadPages subscription so that I can start pushing ads/traffic towards it. Right now, I'll keep to free/near-free options.

I spent a very large portion of my time goofing off and wasting time. I wondered whether it was due to the lessening of BASE, but MLS, fully executed, should maintain motivation, perseverance, and determination. I keep repeating myself, but it's a matter of resistance.

I've felt a little bit of occasional pressure on the front-right portion of my skull, a few inches in front and above my right ear. It only lasts a second per 5-6 hours, but it's repeated itself. I'm not too concerned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Alteration -- Kalmah0804's Emotional Healing & Others Journal (Sub Break/EMDR) kalmah0804 912 108,601 Today 07:18 PM
Last Post: Determined
  Shannon's Journal Discussion Volume 2 Frosted 7,192 596,699 Today 12:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha360
  Shannon's Journal, Volume 2 Shannon 3,308 927,838 Today 08:31 AM
Last Post: Shannon
  My MLS results journal Determined 2 324 Yesterday 03:56 AM
Last Post: Benjamin
  myth's Belated DMSI 3.1 Journal myth 63 3,828 10-15-2017 12:11 PM
Last Post: myth
  Healing, Optimizing and Supercharging My Brain - MLS 3.0 Raikahoken 12 1,239 10-11-2017 02:03 AM
Last Post: Raikahoken